What meaning do you guys see in this design?

kchee_95

Hey guys, I've just seen this tattoo design that I really like and think that it looks good. I am thinking of getting it on one of my tricep areas. But before that, I want to find out what meaning it has. Nothing comes up on google when I try to search for it, although I've seen many variations of it around the internet so I'm pretty sure it probably has a meaning. So before I get it tatted I thought I would try to find out if anyone knows of it's meaning or symbolism (or whether it is offensive).

I know some of us are going to be all like 'oh you should only get tattoos that mean something' but nothing has really resonated with me so far throughout my life and I mainly pick based on design honestly. So let me know your thoughts!

https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/65865213284106298/

3 hours ago, kchee_95 said:

Hey guys, I've just seen this tattoo design that I really like and think that it looks good. I am thinking of getting it on one of my tricep areas. But before that, I want to find out what meaning it has. Nothing comes up on google when I try to search for it, although I've seen many variations of it around the internet so I'm pretty sure it probably has a meaning. So before I get it tatted I thought I would try to find out if anyone knows of it's meaning or symbolism (or whether it is offensive).

I know some of us are going to be all like 'oh you should only get tattoos that mean something' but nothing has really resonated with me so far throughout my life and I mainly pick based on design honestly. So let me know your thoughts!

https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/65865213284106298/

hi, most all of my tattoos have no "meaning" ,they have mostly been classic tattoos, cool art, or just to get something from a particular artist,

deep meanings behind tattoos make great reality TV, but not for me.

I look at that tattoo as a design, I don't care what it means if I like it, I get it. (or a variation of it)

Edited by Dan

fwiw all mine have "meaning" for me, but yeah, they need not.

as to the one you're interested in, it might be something like don't bite the hand that feeds...., because superiors will punish you for transgressions. BUT the knife through it implies you SHOULD transgress: F*** the man.

you also figure that hands represent manual labor: digging in the earth and shit. and so they've got like muscle memory: musicians practice in order to get their hands automatic using muscle memory.

that's what comes to mind anyway.

Dunno if this helps you, but just my personal $0.02:   I let myself get caught up for my whole life thinking a tattoo had to have meaning, or symbolize a life event, or have some kind of specific reason so when people ask "What's that for" you could have an immediate, understandable, relatable answer.  

It's only fairly recently I've come to appreciate that it's okay to get something just because you like the aesthetics:  think of it like enjoying an album cover, work of art, etc.  You don't have to be able to technically break it down and analyze every single aspect of it before you enjoy it, it's cool to just love it for what it is.

I'm working on my first piece now, and if someone asks what it's for, or what it means, or why I got it; my answer is going to be "because I like it".  Whether that's the truth or not, they don't need to be concerned with.  🙂

20 minutes ago, SJP0tato said:

Dunno if this helps you, but just my personal $0.02:   I let myself get caught up for my whole life thinking a tattoo had to have meaning, or symbolize a life event, or have some kind of specific reason so when people ask "What's that for" you could have an immediate, understandable, relatable answer.  

It's only fairly recently I've come to appreciate that it's okay to get something just because you like the aesthetics:  think of it like enjoying an album cover, work of art, etc.  You don't have to be able to technically break it down and analyze every single aspect of it before you enjoy it, it's cool to just love it for what it is.

I'm working on my first piece now, and if someone asks what it's for, or what it means, or why I got it; my answer is going to be "because I like it".  Whether that's the truth or not, they don't need to be concerned with.  🙂

this for sure