Post tattoo anxiety

Sami

So I've got my first tattoo this week. I've been sitting on the idea of one for almost a decade and wanted the same design (which has sentimental value) for the last three years. I provided the tattoo artist with plenty of reference material however the tattoo that they presented wasn't quite the same style and although I thought it looked awesome at the time, there are certain parts I'm not so sure about and I'm now freaking out about how it's with me forever.

I have to be clear and admit anxiety has always been an issue for me, I just never expected to be second guessing something I was once so sure about. 

Is this normal? Do others also feel some sort of regret lurking at the 15788493277506878558998458941554.thumb.jpg.7e0f0897ea0dc5ce4c716e60b72c4508.jpgback of their minds until it passes? 

Any response will be greatly appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, Sami said:

So I've got my first tattoo this week. I've been sitting on the idea of one for almost a decade and wanted the same design (which has sentimental value) for the last three years. I provided the tattoo artist with plenty of reference material however the tattoo that they presented wasn't quite the same style and although I thought it looked awesome at the time, there are certain parts I'm not so sure about and I'm now freaking out about how it's with me forever.

I have to be clear and admit anxiety has always been an issue for me, I just never expected to be second guessing something I was once so sure about. 

Is this normal? Do others also feel some sort of regret lurking at the back of their minds until it passes? 

Any response will be greatly appreciated. 

yes,those feelings are 100% normal and will go away,

and also,that's a badass tattoo,very nice !

2 hours ago, oboogie said:

It happens. But if you have anxiety issues, I wouldn't get any more tattoos. They are never going to be perfect, and you won't do yourself any good obsessing over them. You will just drive yourself crazy. 

You have a nice tattoo there. Just enjoy it.

I think you're right, my expectations may have been too high, but now some initial time has passed and my feelings towards it have become a lot more positive! 

Thank you for your kind advice.