new here, need advice please

pinhead91

Hello everybody, I've just signed up and I need advice. After five months and four sessions, my first tattoo is finally finished. Can't tell you how exhausting it all was, I had to wait two months for the last session as a little part had gotten a little infected. I also asked the tattoo artist to make changes along the way as I didn't like some of things she did ( partially because I'm OCD when it comes to details, others were objectively bad ideas).  I can't show you other pictures right now cause it's peeling atm, this one was taken two days after the last session. I might have to go back to have some little touch-ups ( the color didn't stick in some parts). I'm just so tired, but the worst thing is that I don't even know how I really feel about it. I get anxious every night about it and can't stop thinking, I don't know if it's because I'm not completely happy with the tattoo itself. I always ask myself: could it have been done better had I chosen another design or artist? The artist is experienced and the parlour is one of the most expensive in Rome, but I freak out over things. Like the fact she has put other amazing  works of her on her instagram page, but not mine. It is also possible that I'm happy with the piece but not comfortable with the idea of having it on my body. I decided to get it and just got it in like two weeks, knowing that I would have changed my mind if had started overthinking. I am also worried about how my clients might change their opinion about me ( I'm an English teacher and I deal with all sorts of professionals, lawyers, doctors, etc...). 

IMG_20200122_105215.jpg

Edited by pinhead91
Need to continue

It's a good tattoo- but it doesn't matter what I think or what anyone else here thinks. It's your tattoo. I don't agree that people with OCD shouldn't get tattoos. That's not a reasonable barrier. Besides, what a great opportunity to practice letting go of control of details. You put your faith into someone else and will now have it forever. It's a good tattoo from a good artist. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the experience of getting it. If you do get more tattoos in the future enjoying the process is something to aspire towards. Now you get to work on accepting the tattoo, learning to love it - flaws and all (not that I can see any but I believe you there are some because there usually are). It's a good tattoo with safe content in a "safe" location on your body. I believe you can learn to love it in time. 

1 hour ago, AverageJer said:

It's a good tattoo- but it doesn't matter what I think or what anyone else here thinks. It's your tattoo. I don't agree that people with OCD shouldn't get tattoos. That's not a reasonable barrier. Besides, what a great opportunity to practice letting go of control of details. You put your faith into someone else and will now have it forever. It's a good tattoo from a good artist. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the experience of getting it. If you do get more tattoos in the future enjoying the process is something to aspire towards. Now you get to work on accepting the tattoo, learning to love it - flaws and all (not that I can see any but I believe you there are some because there usually are). It's a good tattoo with safe content in a "safe" location on your body. I believe you can learn to love it in time. 

From all of the posts we see here every week about some little line they don't like or "is this a blow out?" or whatever,  I still think someone with genuine OCD should NOT get tattoos. They are obsessive. It eats them up. They post here and don't believe what anyone here tells them. It's insanity.

Lol my tattoos are the best quality you can get and I even I pick holes in them it’s just adapting I guess it’s been 3 weeks since I got my forearm sleeve and gradually I’m improving it’s just very striking but if you don’t like a tattoo I wouldn’t look at it until you are able to fix it. It’s why I will only ever get black and grey tattoos because there fixable with lasering in the future for new art work. But I can tell you your not on your own mate I’m experiencing similar things to you. Some people on here seem to not care and try to make things 100x worse but at the end of the day you will get people who have experienced it and will guide you through it. 

5 hours ago, Curasy said:

Lol my tattoos are the best quality you can get and I even I pick holes in them it’s just adapting I guess it’s been 3 weeks since I got my forearm sleeve and gradually I’m improving it’s just very striking but if you don’t like a tattoo I wouldn’t look at it until you are able to fix it. It’s why I will only ever get black and grey tattoos because there fixable with lasering in the future for new art work. But I can tell you your not on your own mate I’m experiencing similar things to you. Some people on here seem to not care and try to make things 100x worse but at the end of the day you will get people who have experienced it and will guide you through it. 

We make it worse by not telling you what you want to hear? Bless. We will be honest. If you don't want honesty, you need to step away from the keyboard. 

35 minutes ago, Curasy said:

How is saying to that guy that he can’t fix his tattoo helping him? Are you a tattoo removal expert? No. Millions of people have lasering fully removed or partly for cover ups. No need to be so negative towards people suffering with tattoo regret. 

When did I say he couldn't remove it, by the way? I said you can't laser it three weeks after you get it. You need to work on your reading comprehension. Also, you came to ME and emailed me photos of your tattoo. You really want to talk about insecure?

Just now, Curasy said:

Yeah and what did you email back? Lol 

I told you it was a nice tattoo and to stop worrying. Did you have a point?

I've never claimed to be a removal expert, but you can't delete tattoos and start over three weeks after you get them. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Just now, Curasy said:

if I can’t adjust to the tattoos I have I’d get the saw out if I had anything like what you have in your picture. That’s for sure 

Again, I consider that compliment coming from you. It also shows how very little you know about tattoos. But I'm not remotely surprised by that.

Mate the tattoos I have doesn’t meet my standard. The images I have are pretty much 3D realistic as can be. You’re tattoos would make me wanna burn my skin of with acid so don’t go criticising everyone thinking you’re like miss tattoo queen or something. It’s like a load of random scribble all over your legs ffs 

You are simple. I tried to be nice. I wouldn't want to have anything you have tattooed on your arm. I think it is instagram rubbish, but unlike you, I tried to act with grace and be kind. Clearly all lost on someone like you. I hope you have a good weekend. You clearly have a big Friday night planned since you are arguing with a complete stranger on the internet. Me? I'm still at work. Bye now! 😂

• Steve locked this topic