Anxiety ridden canvases

SStu

On 2/3/2020 at 12:54 PM, oboogie said:

The crazy just keeps coming. They had to lock another newbie thread because she didn't hear what he wanted to. YIKES. It must be a tough time to be a tattoo artist. 😳

For the record, I said the "crazy keeps coming." I never called you crazy. That was your assumption—your leap. But sure. You keep on posting the same old shit, I'm sure everyone will love you. Good luck. 👍

10 hours ago, LadySchism said:

Ok.. so apparently being an asshole once you are “liked” in this community is ok? May I remind you that she was the one who decided to go out of her way to call me crazy initially in this thread, albeit admittedly, without even reading my post to gain any kind of understanding of the situation prior to doing so.

Now stating facts and choosing to stand up for myself makes me the asshole? Interesting.. Perhaps she needed to learn some manners as well before she chose to comment the way she did.

For God’s sake get over yourself. Blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. On to my ignore list.

9 hours ago, oboogie said:

For the record, I said the "crazy keeps coming." I never called you crazy. That was your assumption—your leap. But sure. You keep on posting the same old shit, I'm sure everyone will love you. Good luck. 👍

+1

these people think the universe revolves around them!

Edited by Hogrider

I got my first tattoo at 40, this December. Upper arm, shoulder to elbow. I was more worried about how long I'd be able to sit for and getting an infection than not liking it. I guess the way I figured, it's just skin...if I hated it, oh well it's on my upper arm anyway. 

Turns out I sat for the entire 11-5 session (with breaks) and it was completed that day. I love it way more than I thought was possible. So much so that I have my next appointment booked in April for my other arm, and then plan to fill in the under arm areas. I'll do my lower arms one day when a job change less likely. I can't wait for summer so I can wear short sleeves or a tank top so I can see the art all the time. 

I'm a pretty anxious person, so I am really glad I didn't feel regret at all. I am glad I waited until I was older. I had thought about getting a tattoo many times, but what I was younger I would have gotten something I would likely be covering up now. It was easier for me to pick ideas that I feel confident are fleeting for me at this point in life. While I don't see myself getting body suit, or any neck of face tattoos, I definitely see this as something I'll keep adding to over time. Now I think people without tattoos look plain and boring 😆

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I was kind of embarrassed when reading this topic! My regret brought me here only a short while ago...though granted I'm not new to tattoos. There was a 12 year gap between now and the last tattoo I got. Back then I wasn't so much into social media or interested in looking up other people's tattoos. Nowadays I'm much more active online and constantly looking up fantastic tattoos and reading comments from other people (both positive and negative). It can be so F***ing toxic. And in hindsight, it's definitely had an impact on me subconsciously. 

I've finally gotten over the panic though, in part because some of you were super nice and gave me support, whether you know it or not. But also because I remember the reason I got inked in the first place. It wasn't for anyone else's gratification, but solely my own. F*** anyone else (and it feels great to finally say that). 

• 6 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 4:48 AM, AtomicMagpye said:

The "being tattooed progression" also appears to have changed with the above.  Shoulder to upper arm to (maybe) lower arm to hands (unusual) to face (very unusual) has migrated to lower arm, hands etc as potentially a first tattoo.

But then again  - "I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't "it"".....  😕

@AtomicMagpyeI like the way you put this...

Over here even the most conservative of ppl may well be tattooed. Fact is, young women who grew up in the 1960s may well now be venerable great grandmothers.

• 3 months later...

there are things that i have anxiety about with tattoos of mine that i didnt think about before i got them. 

one of my tattoos is the name of a person who died.  there are others who knew the person, and i sort of have anxiety about them wondering if its alright for me to have their name tattooed on me. 

also i have anxiety about some family members and friends of my family seeing them. i dont really have a problem with just wearing clothes that make them invisible but its something that came to mind after i got tattooed. 

i feel like people cant be expected to be imaginative enough to really think about every single possible way a tattoo will effect their lifestyle. even with that said though i kind of feel bad about not having the mental creativity to come up with the questions that would have lead to the answers that would have helped me. 

Edited by Asthma Inhaler Jim

@Asthma Inhaler Jim a couple things that tattooing has taught me is to care less about what other people think and to be more comfortable in my own skin. The folks who knew the person who passed should be glad you commemorated that person and it should bring them some sort of positive feelings. If not, then perhaps that's a good way to weed out the folks who might not be worth being around, if their energy doesn't vibe with yours.  On that same note, your family and friends who matter should accept you even more than those who just new the person who died.

As for knowing how a tattoo will effect your life, it's impossible to imagine and it's different for everyone. You're just getting started and it sounds like you have a good positive outlook which will lead to a positive journey to come! Getting tattooed will teach you many lessons along the way and you'll have the constant reminder of each one to mark your growth and evolution. Enjoy it!