Numbing Cream

Eijin

Hi I have a question about numbing creams last time I have had a first session on my whole belly I just couldn't withstand the pain I did not manage the whole session so I did a little bit of research how to help myself and found some info about the creams. The concern is that they last only about a hour which is not what I want for a whole session and those based on water are not recommended to reapply during long sessions. I still have about a full session to get mine finish so I really need an advice.Can you apply first layer in middle of the session? I'm thinking to start without anything and after couple of hours of tattooing when the pain is unbearable to apply a cream on areas that has been just tattooed and still needs to be finished. Can someone recommend tried good creams. Many thanks.

3 hours ago, Eijin said:

Hi I have a question about numbing creams last time I have had a first session on my whole belly I just couldn't withstand the pain I did not manage the whole session so I did a little bit of research how to help myself and found some info about the creams. The concern is that they last only about a hour which is not what I want for a whole session and those based on water are not recommended to reapply during long sessions. I still have about a full session to get mine finish so I really need an advice.Can you apply first layer in middle of the session? I'm thinking to start without anything and after couple of hours of tattooing when the pain is unbearable to apply a cream on areas that has been just tattooed and still needs to be finished. Can someone recommend tried good creams. Many thanks.

Did you search? There are lots of posts about this. 🙂

31 minutes ago, Eijin said:

If you don't want to help then don't bother posting answers like this I have only asked a question. Why do you ask me this?

Because we've answered it over and over and over? Besides that, you need to talk to your artist, not us. He will be the one with a numbing cream. You don't bring your own to your appointment.

2 minutes ago, oboogie said:

Because we've answered it over and over and over? Besides that, you need to talk to your artist, not us. He will be the one with a numbing cream. You don't bring your own to your appointment.

I would consult a particular one before an appointment not just bring any and besides one of my previous artists mentioned about numbing cream to use to ease the pain but never had one in studio so not only you avoid to give an advise but it's not exactly right what you are saying at least from my own experience. It starts to be funny really why is it so hard to answer so simply question and instead get trolled you could just answer instead of writing this^ ,okay sorry I asked.

You asked several questions in your post. No one is trolling you. We're just telling you this isn't the first time it was asked.

The only time I've had numbing cream was on my feet. You have to wait 20 minutes for it to kick in. I don't know how using it in the middle would work.

Again, talk to your artist. Also, maybe try using a period sometimes? It's nearly impossible to read your posts.

Edited by oboogie

36 minutes ago, SStu said:

Numbing cream is for before you start (only, as far as I know). 

I have been checking some review and got this "Numb 520 isn’t recommended for long sessions where you’ll need multiple reapplications every hour or so"

I thought you may as well apply first layer later.... I have had a tattoo done on biceps and chest no relief from pain was needed(I'm not saying it didn't hurt as hell) but on my belly I just couldn't. I have read a bit how to help yourself,keep hydrated,get proper sleep,don't drink alko for 24hr,eat sweetes. Ibuprofen and aspirin thins your blood but paracetamol they say is safe to take is that true? The biggest problem is that my tattoo is done abroad during a holiday where I go only twice a year so not enduring a whole session is a big loss of time that's why I'm trying to get some advice how to help with the pain. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use a custom compounded numbing cream before we start that has lidocaine tetracaine and some others, we use bactine during if I'm really roughed up and lastly breathing.  Ask your artist some dont allow it for quality reasons.  I recommend you take the time to do the digging rather than make a whole new thread next time, even just finding an advice thread where this fits instead of creating a new one.