NEW Custom Made Tattoo Gallery

• 1 month later...

The gallery is taking shape and we noticed people are taking advantage of the anonymous star rating system which then categorizes best rated images in each category onto the first page. The ones with lower ratings get pushed towards the back pages. I like it a lot as it allows me to see quality tattoos as soon as I click on a category from various LSTers.

What do you guys/gals think?

Are you finding it useful to see quality tattoos get featured more and hopefully making it clearer for people to see what a good tattoo looks like?

I am of course biased on the new system but it appears others are liking it.......

Honestly, I don't like the anonymous star rating system. Makes it feel a little too much like Hotornot.com. If people like a tattoo, they can already leave a comment stating so. If they don't like it, then what's the point of giving it a rating?

My two cents (or two stars).

Maybe just add a "like" function to the pictures could be an alternative?... Oh, and @steve1461686340, did you see my thread on the possibility of getting updates on new pictures and blog posts by hitting the "what's new" button?

Thanks Iwar - that is a great idea. I'm not finding an easy way to integrate the 'like' system from the forum area into the Gallery, but I may be able to adjust the rating system to do essentially the same thing so that people will essentially just vote for the images they like, instead of having to choose from a scale of 1-5.

Re: what's new - if you look at the submenu of the 'what's new' tab, you'll see an option for new blog posts, and under the 'gallery' tab, there is a 'what's new' feature there for new images as well. Getting them both to display on the main what's new page all at once is probably more development work than it's worth at this point.

Thanks again for all your suggestions - please do keep them coming!

Hey Guys, so I made some progress on converting the rating to a 'likes' system - I'll tune it up some more hopefully tomorrow. I agree that basically all we are doing is saying we like something or not. no need to over complicate with a scale of how much we like it!

Thanks again for this great idea @Iwar !