Aquaphor or lotion?

Sarrod♀️

Hi, So I got my tattoo touched up on Sunday and My tattoo artist put fixaderm I think or some derm on it  and told me to take it off after 4 full days. So I would take it off tmmw. He said to wash it and put lotion on it after. But the thing is I have really dry skin and normally use aquaphor on the rest of my body...it’s the only thing that keeps my skin from being dry. I was wondering would it be bad if I used aquaphor instead of lotion. I know you usually use aquaphor the first 3 days though. 

5 hours ago, Sarrod♀️ said:

Hi, So I got my tattoo touched up on Sunday and My tattoo artist put fixaderm I think or some derm on it  and told me to take it off after 4 full days. So I would take it off tmmw. He said to wash it and put lotion on it after. But the thing is I have really dry skin and normally use aquaphor on the rest of my body...it’s the only thing that keeps my skin from being dry. I was wondering would it be bad if I used aquaphor instead of lotion. I know you usually use aquaphor the first 3 days though. 

I prefer Aveeno daily moisturizer,

I don't like the stickiness of aquafor.,

but no,aquafor will not hurt the tattoo as long as you put it on VERY lightly.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I prefer Aveeno daily moisturizer,

I don't like the stickiness of aquafor.,

but no,aquafor will not hurt the tattoo as long as you put it on VERY lightly.

Thank you for letting me know, this is very helpful ❤️. Yeah I know that’s why some ppl don’t like aquaphor but my dry skin really soaks it up so not as a sticky on me. I will keep the Aveeno in mine!!! I used lubiderm the first heal...off of recommendation and I think it dried out too quick. 

4 hours ago, Sarrod♀️ said:

Thank you for letting me know, this is very helpful ❤️. Yeah I know that’s why some ppl don’t like aquaphor but my dry skin really soaks it up so not as a sticky on me. I will keep the Aveeno in mine!!! I used lubiderm the first heal...off of recommendation and I think it dried out too quick. 

I used lubriderm for years until I realized it's crap compared to Aveeno.

13 hours ago, Sarrod♀️ said:

I use Creme de Corps by Kiehl's.

I used Aquaphor for years, and it works fine. Just use a very small amount. Same with CeraVe Healing Ointment. They work well.