Kids 1st Tattoo - Aftercare Advice Needed!

bryhart

Hello everyone. My 17 yr old son just got his 1st 3 days ago. 

He is a competitive baseball player and he pitches. He has a bullpen today but he is concerned it may cause problems. Any advice?

IMG_7527.jpg

Edited by bryhart

Damn 17 is young!
I generally don’t work out until it’s gotten past the initial healing stages. You don’t want to rub against a fresh tattoo and rip scabs off or continue to irritate it. Keep it out of the sun for sure. And limit friction against it. Derm bandages help but if it’s been open to the air I probably wouldn’t cover it now that fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Tattooju said:

Damn 17 is young!

Yeah...No father of the year award here. 🙂

(actually a lot of time/thought went into this for him)

2 minutes ago, Tattooju said:

I generally don’t work out until it’s gotten past the initial healing stages. You don’t want to rub against a fresh tattoo and rip scabs off or continue to irritate it. Keep it out of the sun for sure. And limit friction against it. Derm bandages help but if it’s been open to the air I probably wouldn’t cover it now that fresh.

Thanks. It has been covered since Thursday. Just exposed to clean and then re-wrapped. He will keep it covered for this session. Just didn't want to do something out of ignorance and cause a problem.