Newb sort of

beericus

Whats up everyone.

im going to get a tattoo tonight, i haven't gotten a tattoo for about 17 years.

ive been doing some research and looking for current safety concerns because i dont want to catch any funky Scurvy.

any tips or advice to be sure im not gonna catch anything ??

Welcome.

Where are you getting tattooed? Pictures after?

If you've done your research as mentioned above on the tattoo shop and tattooer you should be good to go. I would imagine during the research you've seen their tattoos and heard good feedback from others on them?

Have fun tonight!

thanks man,

philadelphia eddies chinatown

yeah i mean i have been reading, seems like as long as the artist wears gloves and breaks out the tubes and stuff from a new package its pretty safe. more people get hep from the dentist i read.

just a little nervous, i was 18 when i got my first tattoo and now im 35, just a little nervous

thanks cfg

when i was 18 i was fearless

now im 35 and a dad, im turning into a worry wart lol

I can totally relate to that. I used to do all kinds of crazy things when I was young, and hitchhiked all over the country (sometimes internationally, too), and I weighed in at about 100 lb. back then. Now I worry about my kids and hover over them like a helicopter. I certainly hope that they're nothing like I was, god forbid!

About catching things from the dentist vs. the tattooer, yeah, it is a lot more likely. There are 4 know cases of HIV transmission know from dentists, none from tattooers. It's really easy to sterilize equipment these days, needles are cheap and coming from China, and there are even disposable tubes available. (Not needed, but available.) If you're really worried, it's okay to ask, but you really only need to worry if you're getting tattooed in your friend's mom's boyfriend's kitchen.

hi i am also a parent who worries about the world around them so i completely understand were your coming from but i dont know if its all tattoo shops or its just the couple ive been to since collecting tattoos but i could not belive the hygiene levels the practice i went to the dentist last year for the first time in years there was no comparision between the two i think a lot of services could learn a thing or two from tattooist hygene especially some of the hospitals in london.

Cool thanks everyone for the welcomes and the reassurance. I got my piece done last night, a little over 3 hours, the artist was totally clean and sterile. Turned out great and looks pretty bad ass lol.

i actually got the tattoo i got 17 years ago covered up