post thigh pieces!

I don't have my thighs done yet, but I definitely think you should go big. It's such a good area to get a big piece compared to your arms, since they're skinnier, why waste it?

When it comes to covering my legs, I'm totally getting a gazelle on one thigh.

i have a large, almost finished ship on one of my thighs (since it's not finished, i have not posted photos of it in the ship thread) by El Brad Mariachi. on my left thigh, i have a smaller piece of a snake with a dagger going through it, and an envelope in it's mouth from Mario Desa. that left thigh is where all my "dark" tattoos are going to go (the really fucked up ones) since my right leg is becoming lyric themed.

i have a large, almost finished ship on one of my thighs (since it's not finished, i have not posted photos of it in the ship thread) by El Brad Mariachi. on my left thigh, i have a smaller piece of a snake with a dagger going through it, and an envelope in it's mouth from Mario Desa. that left thigh is where all my "dark" tattoos are going to go (the really fucked up ones) since my right leg is becoming lyric themed.

AHEM. People are gonna be pissed there's six comments and no pictures. Seven comments...

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
I've always enjoyed thigh pieces so I've thought about getting my family coat of arms done on the front of my thigh, any thoughts? Or maybe on the back of my thigh?... Or not on my legs at all?

Is that the thing where you type your last name into a webpage and it comes up with a rather generic looking image of your 'coat of arms'? A friend from a while ago did this, he ended up finding a decent tattoo artist even though the image was directly stencilled off the print-out he gave him; and I've seen a bunch of tattoos aparently taken from the same website that look almost identical (with a few colours and central symbol changed to represent the supposed family name).

However, I live in Australia and theres no real 'old family names' that date back to god knows when because everyone who lives here migrated within the last 200 years unless you are native, and coat of arms' arn't part of Aboriginal Australia's culture. Anyway my point is, if where you live you actually have coat of arms above your mantel piece in in your family history books or wherever they're kept, and that's what you want to represent your family, then go for it! Othwise, perhaps think about other imagery that symbolises your love for or bond to your family for a tattoo. Just my two cents:)

It definitely my family's coat of arms but thanks for your concern. My last name is rare enough that it doesn't even show up on those coat of arms sites anyways haha. I just don't know if it would work well as a thigh tattoo and if so should it be on the front, side, or back.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the thing where you type your last name into a webpage and it comes up with a rather generic looking image of your 'coat of arms'? A friend from a while ago did this, he ended up finding a decent tattoo artist even though the image was directly stencilled off the print-out he gave him; and I've seen a bunch of tattoos aparently taken from the same website that look almost identical (with a few colours and central symbol changed to represent the supposed family name).

However, I live in Australia and theres no real 'old family names' that date back to god knows when because everyone who lives here migrated within the last 200 years unless you are native, and coat of arms' arn't part of Aboriginal Australia's culture. Anyway my point is, if where you live you actually have coat of arms above your mantel piece in in your family history books or wherever they're kept, and that's what you want to represent your family, then go for it! Othwise, perhaps think about other imagery that symbolises your love for or bond to your family for a tattoo. Just my two cents:)

It definitely my family's coat of arms but thanks for your concern. My last name is rare enough that it doesn't even show up on those coat of arms sites anyways haha. I just don't know if it would work well as a thigh tattoo and if so should it be on the front, side, or back.

I hope I didn't come across as rude! Family history must be something I really just don't understand. As far as placement, if you are willing an artist would be able to play around with the foliage surrounding the actual coat of arms in order to help the design fit the shape of your leg better. I am not a tattoo artist. It sounds like you really want it on your thigh, so I'd say go for it! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...