Hi to all tattoo fans

randogal

Ive had some work done 3 weeks ago on the 3rd day,after taking a shower with a new shower gel,i got a rash,only lasted a out 30 min..i want to get some more done on saturday,but now im scared its an allergy?please any advice?sorry i dont know how to start my own thread...

3 minutes ago, Lindzy said:

Ive had some work done 3 weeks ago on the 3rd day,after taking a shower with a new shower gel,i got a rash,only lasted a out 30 min..i want to get some more done on saturday,but now im scared its an allergy?please any advice?sorry i dont know how to start my own thread...

I only use a anti-microbial soap on my fresh tattoo,  any drug store has it over the counter, https://www.buyemp.com/product/dial-gold-liquid-antimicrobial-soap

what color was the ink that got the rash ?

and IMO it was the shower gel that cause it, since it was 3 days after

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I only use a anti-microbial soap on my fresh tattoo,  any drug store has it over the counter, https://www.buyemp.com/product/dial-gold-liquid-antimicrobial-soap

what color was the ink that got the rash ?

and IMO it was the shower gel that cause it, since it was 3 days after

Thanks Dan,i used a normal fragranced shower gel,the previous 2 days i used a different one,and was fine....i only got inked in black

The rash wasnt on the tatt but in the areas around it..i put some camphor cream on,and it started to fade away.its fine now..just stressed to get another one,and is 3 weeks too soon to get another one done?

15822366097425454563797497463478.jpg

40 minutes ago, Lindzy said:

Thanks Dan,i used a normal fragranced shower gel,the previous 2 days i used a different one,and was fine....i only got inked in black

The rash wasnt on the tatt but in the areas around it..i put some camphor cream on,and it started to fade away.its fine now..just stressed to get another one,and is 3 weeks too soon to get another one done?

15822366097425454563797497463478.jpg

well I wouldn't worry about it then,

and maybe don't use that same gel on fresh tattoos.

1 hour ago, LizBee said:

While I understand from a design standpoint the need to see what needs to be added/amended, I prefer to protect the privacy of my kids and their names/choices. They agree with me. After I come to a decision and make the changes they may change their minds and be ok with me posting pics of what is done, but that will be up to them.

What I'm really interested in learning is how others have handled this type of thing.

wtf are you talking about ?

Um.... So my thread is all over the place now... XD anyway, my idea is... I want a rose and dagger, but instead of a dagger its scissors. Does it make sence? I know its stupid to think about what people would think, I personally like this idea, but I am asking myself the same annoying questions that people usually ask, like 'what Does it mean?' and I just think its original take on the traditional design. 

27 minutes ago, Nina19 said:

Um.... So my thread is all over the place now... XD anyway, my idea is... I want a rose and dagger, but instead of a dagger its scissors. Does it make sence? I know its stupid to think about what people would think, I personally like this idea, but I am asking myself the same annoying questions that people usually ask, like 'what Does it mean?' and I just think its original take on the traditional design. 

Back to the main topic, I have always believed that you should always get a tattoo for you.

As long as it makes sense to you, that's all that truly matters. That said, you can't really stop people from commenting or asking questions that make you wanna strangle them. Depending on my mood, the question "What is it or what does it mean" can be met with a blank stare, a wordless smile, or some inane story that I made up on the spot.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Its great if the artist likes the idea too, thats a good start. If someone which opinion I really appretiate thinks its cool - I'm fine. Annoying questions and even plain insults dont bother me then, but still its nice to hear compliments regardless your tattoo, not that BS you know. 

Im usually sure about my ideas, but im stuck with that one, 98% of me thinks its cool, but this 2%... just torturing me and I dont understand whats wrong. 

So I've always liked the rose and dagger motive, but last year I started really thinking about it, and the Idea of scissors cutting through it really appealed to me. I think the shape of it looks cool on my forearm. But I cant convince myself that it makes sence,and  I cant stop thinking about it niether! 

A little about myself, I really like fashion, and I do enjoy creating clothes myself, also I work at a fabric store, so I guess thats why this tool appeals more to me personally than a dagger, and I already have a safety pin tatooed on my forearm(which I loooove , and I expect to love the next tattoo as much! Or more!). 

But I dont want just scissors on my arm, I think its going to be more fun if its cutting through something.

I love roses, but just one rose is not fun for me too. 

So I combined the two together. 

I hope the sketch I made is not that bad, I may just attach it here

Screenshot_20200218_090317.jpg

Edited by Nina19

Sounds like you've got a good idea around what you want, just not the absolute specifics.  This can actually be more beneficial:  Find an artist in your area whose style/portfolio you like (traditional, neo-traditional, photo-realistic, etc).  Once you find one, schedule a consult, bring in your sketch, ideas, and any other example images you can find that have aspects you enjoy and talk with the artist.  

They'll work with you to help implement a design that will look good in tattoo form (some images on paper/screen don't translate exactly the same into tattoo form well), take your deposit, and present you a stencil of the design the day of your scheduled tattoo.  You can make any final alterations then if needed, then you're ready to go!

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!