Tattoo Placement

Nadams1024

New here guys. I was wondering about my tattoo. I thought it was supposed to face away from me, but the artist said it made sense to have it facing this way. I figured he knew more than me since he was an artist. Now I’ve had some people say it should be facing the other way and I’m worried it could get in the way of a traditional sleeve. I don’t think it really could be covered up. 

FE834C0E-6497-4C97-80EB-1B33DCECF140.jpeg

cool tattoo. no need to cover it up... it'll fit right in with a traditional sleeve no matter which way it's facing. don't overthink it!

i'd say the "rules" are that tattoos should face forward if they're on the side and face inward if they're on the front or back. i did a quick search of Bert Krak's IG for some examples. The peacocks on the back of the calves both face inwards. But on the client with the eagle backpiece, you can see a skull facing in and a hannya facing out... and no one will say that one's right or wrong. it's not even consistent and it doesn't matter! 😃 Just keep getting tattooed and it'll be all good!

Placement.JPG

peacocks.JPG

2 hours ago, Hands On said:

cool tattoo. no need to cover it up... it'll fit right in with a traditional sleeve no matter which way it's facing. don't overthink it!

i'd say the "rules" are that tattoos should face forward if they're on the side and face inward if they're on the front or back. i did a quick search of Bert Krak's IG for some examples. The peacocks on the back of the calves both face inwards. But on the client with the eagle backpiece, you can see a skull facing in and a hannya facing out... and no one will say that one's right or wrong. it's not even consistent and it doesn't matter! 😃 Just keep getting tattooed and it'll be all good!

this 100%