Rose Morphs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was thinking, and then Richard confirmed... As far as we know, he got one of the first rose morphs on the back of his thigh, a piece by Ed Hardy, it's a design that he saw that was in a slide show he saw back in 1992... It hung for years in the shop, and no one ever got it... He was "amazed" no one had gotten the piece yet... And they actually didn't call it a morph, the term they first used was, "HYBRID"... It's a Panther-Rose... It can be seen in the book, Tattooing the Invisible Man.

It's one of Richards favorite tattoos.

I was thinking, and then Richard confirmed... As far as we know, he got one of the first rose morphs on the back of his thigh, a piece by Ed Hardy, it's a design that he saw that was in a slide show he saw back in 1992... It hung for years in the shop, and no one ever got it... He was "amazed" no one had gotten the piece yet... And they actually didn't call it a morph, the term they first used was, "HYBRID"... It's a Panther-Rose... It can be seen in the book, Tattooing the Invisible Man.

Goddamn. The beginning and the end! Thread closed! Thanks for posting the picture Jennifer.

Jennifer, I met Richard in 2007 at Nick Ley's shop, he kind of explained that story with me when he was traveling with Oliver. He actually tattooed a rose morph like the one he got form hardy on top of my forearm, probably my fav tattoos, and has been since I've gotten it. Thanks for the refresh, I've seen the book, one of my fav books out there!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...