Cover up feedback

TonyAvocado

Hi all,

just a few days ago I had my old tattoo covered up.. while getting it done it looked great and I was impressed by how is was covered up.

a couple days later I realised the artist has used a lot of white to cover my old tattoo and it doesn’t match the rest of my tattoo?

As you can see from the rose up to the basketball it looks very white and different colour to the majority of the tattoo. I plan on getting a half sleeve eventually but will this white fade? And is it too noticeable? 

7C1F9308-1268-4408-BDA3-41464CF47449.thumb.jpeg.2dfe2015835fa37c405092c2911377e2.jpegA760EDFF-A6DE-4DD7-95AA-84B8663BD22B.thumb.jpeg.eb765282b6243d483bbc6c1ea2ece5cf.jpeg620F2827-C1CB-4F37-85A9-D0FD59E1DAEF.thumb.jpeg.05f61825b230691d638aa209cc973c6d.jpegthe old tattoo is also showing through quite a bit now as it’s healing but I figured that would happen. Kind of freaking out a bit now that the white looks odd!EA55514A-9CA2-4AA2-939D-5B0AD1316C88.thumb.jpeg.0d5b90f2ebcaef5cf954ef17da078859.jpeg

any advice or feedback would be much appreciated!

thanks

2 hours ago, SStu said:

Yeah, I'd say they did a great job with that cover. 

And the white ink will fade over time. All of my white now looks skin tone - but everyone holds it a bit different. 

thanks! I love the tattoo, just the different shading just freaked me out a bit! 

thank you for your feedback 🙂

Looks good, man. My first use of white turned yellow. (It was my first tattoo and has since been covered.) My tattoo artist doesn't use much of it on me because you can leave open skin, and it looks just as white. 😂 I'm as white as a ghost. 

Edited by oboogie

10 hours ago, oboogie said:

Looks good, man. My first use of white turned yellow. (It was my first tattoo and has since been covered.) My tattoo artist doesn't use much of it on me because you can leave open skin, and it looks just as white. 😂 I'm as white as a ghost. 

Thanks! Haha I’ve got a bit of tan at the moment, so maybe once that fades the white will look like my skin tone soon 😂🙏

8 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Looks good. Let it heal. My only coverup (after a bunch of laser) needed a touchup in about a year. I think you have nice tattoo!

I was considering getting laser before the cover up but changed my mind. Thank you! 🙏 I’m looking forward to see how it heals, but I’m impatient if you can’t tell! 

On 2/25/2020 at 9:17 PM, TonyAvocado said:

I was considering getting laser before the cover up but changed my mind. Thank you! 🙏 I’m looking forward to see how it heals, but I’m impatient if you can’t tell! 

Impatience is a recipe for disaster. I’ve seen more schitty tattoos and coverups than I can count because someone couldn’t wait to get it done right. They usually go from bad to worse to disastrous and then expect someone to make it look like new.