New tattoo and anxiety

Randomguy with tattos

Hi!

I just got myself a new tattoo for my mom and dad and I loved it until a colleague misread the tattoo.

If you read it as a text and pronounce q and k together(qk, some people write like this when they dont want to write "kuk") it sounds like dick(kuk) in my language(swedish) and now i cant stop thinking about it.

I have been having a lot of anxiety over this and now I am already thinking of doing a coverup if possible or remove it.

Anyone else who have had a similar experience when someone misread your tattoo in a bad way?

IMG_20200225_210336__01__01.jpg

Edited by Randomguy with tattos

Wow, I can't see having any stress over that.  Don't worry what others think/say, if it means something to you and/or your family, enjoy it and don't worry!  I'm betting that in 95% of your interactions with others it will be covered anyway.

Adopt an old man's attitude... screw 'em!

Edited by JAC1961

1 hour ago, Randomguy with tattos said:

Hi!

I just got myself a new tattoo for my mom and dad and I loved it until a colleague missread the tattoo.

If you read it as a text and pronounce q and k together it sounds like dick in my langugage and now i cant stop thinking about it.

I have been having a lot of anqxiety over this and now I am already thinking of doing a coverup if possible or remove it.

Anyone else who have had a simular experience when someone missread your tattoo in a bad way?

IMG_20200225_210336__01__01.jpg

so stop having anxiety over it,the tattoo looks very legible to me,and tell your colleague to shut the hell up,

that's a pretty cool tattoo IMO.

love it,embrace it,wear it with pride, and don't worry about what other people think of it.

Whomever said that to you was a jerk. First, the tattoo was for your mom and dad - it's yours and you got it for all the right reasons.  Second, I don't know if it was a "friend" that said this to you. Regardless, the comment was inappropriate. If you have a chance, you should tell them how much the comment upset you. 

THEN, get on with enjoying your new tattoo.

5 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Whomever said that to you was a jerk. First, the tattoo was for your mom and dad - it's yours and you got it for all the right reasons.  Second, I don't know if it was a "friend" that said this to you. Regardless, the comment was inappropriate. If you have a chance, you should tell them how much the comment upset you. 

THEN, get on with enjoying your new tattoo.

Thanks, it really helped. No he is not friend like that, only a work friend.

I nerver knew that people write qk instead of "kuk" in Sweden so it was quite a shock to me.

But you guys are all right, it means something to me and the majority won't read it as a word and I have to stop thinking about what he said.

The thing was that my mom and dad have not seen the tattoo so I was worried that they may missread it too.