Artist Canceled

iZombie77

My artist canceled my appointment, this was an artist that did three tattoos for me.  The latest appointment was to complete my third tattoo.  I received an email a few hours prior to my appointment that the artist was not feeling well.  I was upset because I took off work for this appointment and my day was wasted.  If I would have canceled my deposit would have been lost.  The artist mentioned a date for rescheduling but no time.  I have sent several emails and have not heard back.  The shop does not have a phone number and I can only contact my artist via email.  It has been several days and my supposed appointment is approaching. I’m at a loss on what to do.  Any advice would be helpful.

34 minutes ago, Samth said:

Just like any other job, people get sick. And then while they recuperate, and focus on health, might not respond to work stuff for a few days. Doesn't seem like a big deal. 

So I just wait to be contacted and not show on the day I was given. I realize people are sick, but I was inconvenienced by losing a day of work.  If I would have canceled my deposit would have been lost.  I’m out the day of work, out the deposit so far, have half a tattoo and no confirmed appointment.  Seems like terrible service.

I'm not saying that everything is great, as it certainly is an inconvenience for both of you. They lost the day of work too. Im sure they would rather have been working and making money too. 

Also, the deposit is there to protect the artist. It will still go towards your overall cost. All you can do is reach out and state explicitly that you will or will not be at the next appointment.

Again, this is certainly less than ideal. All i was trying to say was that this hardly seems to be worth this amount of online stressing and venting.

Edited by Samth