Hello!

Virtualanimegf

I had a question, but this is the only forum I could post to. Can’t find anything about what this ‘initiation’ is exactly, but I’m guessing I’m supposed to introduce myself?

Hi, I’m Rebecca. I have several shotty tattoos, but I love and admire tattoos so much. Thanks for having me!

I also have a question about etiquette. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get a bad tattoo covered with a black band. I want to have my daughters name and birthdate added above it, would it be okay to ask to do it all at once or should I have it added another time? For me it would be better to have that spot on my arm heal altogether than in separate times and I don’t care about change in price, but I don’t want to piss off my artist. Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Virtualanimegf said:

I had a question, but this is the only forum I could post to. Can’t find anything about what this ‘initiation’ is exactly, but I’m guessing I’m supposed to introduce myself?

Hi, I’m Rebecca. I have several shotty tattoos, but I love and admire tattoos so much. Thanks for having me!

I also have a question about etiquette. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get a bad tattoo covered with a black band. I want to have my daughters name and birthdate added above it, would it be okay to ask to do it all at once or should I have it added another time? For me it would be better to have that spot on my arm heal altogether than in separate times and I don’t care about change in price, but I don’t want to piss off my artist. Thanks!

welcome ! sit and stay a while,

and I think it would be totally ok to ask the artist to do that,all they can say is not now, and as long as you trust that artist to do a good job on lettering.

and I have a few crappy tattoos too.

52 minutes ago, Dan said:

welcome ! sit and stay a while,

and I think it would be totally ok to ask the artist to do that,all they can say is not now, and as long as you trust that artist to do a good job on lettering.

and I have a few crappy tattoos too.

Well thank you 🙂

ah, okay. That sounds good. I don’t mind being told no, it’s just that I haven’t worked w her before and I don’t want her to not want to work with me in the future because I ask for too much. I do trust her though, she’s been nice and honest so far and her lettering looks good to me!

I’m glad I’m not alone! They’re a good ice breaker that’s for sure lol

46 minutes ago, JAC1961 said:

In my experience, treat a tattooer like any other business owner.  Work with them, don't cop an attitude, and remember that they are the experts.  Be understanding and everything will work out fine.

BTW, you can't start a new thread in any other section until you have 10 posts... I think, lol.

You’re absolutely right. I’m all for asking politely, but even if I’m respectful about it I don’t want to cause any headaches w my requests. Although I really do think you’re right in that it’ll probably be just fine - I’m likely overthinking a simple question. 

Oh, well that’s very good to know. Thanks 🙂

12 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

My advice: sit well, tip well and don't bring drama (no micromanaging). See how it goes. Good luck!

Hey, thank you!

It went great! She was fabulous to work w and I think I was pretty okay too - I was twitching a bit by the end, but no complaining and a good tip! 

thanks for the insight 🙂