Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine32

Has anyone else had post-tattoo panic/regret? How long does it last?

I recently got my 3rd tattoo and I have no idea why but for some reason this one has made me super anxious. It's not my biggest tattoo but it is my only color tattoo and in the most visible location (outer forearm.) It is also my only tattoo that was not a custom design - I picked it off her Instagram just as a fun one in between bigger tattoo sessions. So maybe that's why I'm having a bit of tattoo regret.

Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest. My phone is a bit of a potato. Also the only way for me to take a picture of my own outer forearm is to rest it on my knee so in order to show the tattoo upright the rest of my body in the background appears upside down 😆 Sorry for the confusing perspective!

When I look at it objectively I do think it's rather cute and I love the colors (she custom mixed them just for this) which was really fun! I'm about a month out from last touch up on it and I guess I just need encouragement on how long it took you to get over your "new tattoo panic".

I have another one coming up (custom design for my daughter) in March on my right forearm in a black and white style and I'm nervous if I'm regretting this one I might have the same issue with that one. 

Any thoughts??

Tat3.jpg

Tat2.jpg

Tat4.jpg

Tat1.jpg

It's very common; we get posts on here like every few days.

I'd hold off on another one for a bit if this one is this concerning.

Nothing to do now other than to grow to love it, which you've indicated you already do; it ain't going anywhere.