i went swimming after 60 mins of getting a tattoo

Taunting

Hello, 6 days ago i got a tattoo on my forearm, the artist told me to keep the bandage on just for 30 mins… and then i asked him if i can go to the beach or the pool… to which he said yes i can do whatever… i repeatedly asked if i can go in the pool…and he repeatedly told me that i can… and i went in the pool after 1 hour of getting a tattoo…

I am just worried now that would my tattoo be ok? would it fade out quickly or any other issues with it. I got another tattoo right after 6 hours of my first tattoo… both are healing more or less the same… 1st one is scabbing a bit more as it has a thick ZEN circle … the 2nd tattoo is just a line tattoo. Can you guys ease my paranoia with truth please.

IMG_1816.JPG

I've never had a tattoo artist tell me I can do whatever after a tattoo or not give any aftercare advice to a customer they are tattooing for the first time. Personally, I wouldn't trust any tattoo artist who gave me the kinda answer they gave you.

You may want to refer to the answer I gave another forumner on this exact same issue in the link below.

Hi everyone, thank you for the aggressive msgs...it happened. Now my question is, is there anything to worry about? should i do something to prevent something bad from happening to my tattoos. i shared a photo with it... would any of you answer a sensible enough answer rather than saying whos a real artist and if i dont get it... 

On 3/21/2020 at 7:03 PM, SStu said:

No real tattooist would tell you it's ok to submerge your new tattoo in pool chlorine. Did he/she happen to be working from a kitchen table?

Only time will tell how it plays out. 

I know time will tell how it plays about the color or faded ... im more worried about infections and stuff... today is 7th day now... if there are no infections till now should i still

be worried?

21 hours ago, Taunting said:

I know time will tell how it plays about the color or faded ... im more worried about infections and stuff... today is 7th day now... if there are no infections till now should i still

be worried?

Done is done; can't be undone.

The photo looks ok. Doesn't look like it is infected or irritated. But honestly, you won't be able to tell if it is fine until it has completed healing. As what @SStu said, the issue might be with the end result rather than the process. 

On 3/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, Taunting said:

Hi everyone, thank you for the aggressive msgs...it happened. Now my question is, is there anything to worry about? should i do something to prevent something bad from happening to my tattoos. i shared a photo with it... would any of you answer a sensible enough answer rather than saying whos a real artist and if i dont get it... 

Welcome to the internet. You sometimes hear things you don't want to. 😉

3 hours ago, cgrave said:

Done is done; can't be undone.

The photo looks ok. Doesn't look like it is infected or irritated. But honestly, you won't be able to tell if it is fine until it has completed healing. As what @SStu said, the issue might be with the end result rather than the process. 

I got one tattoo before swimming and one after the swimming... and i thought lets get another one... so both are healing more or less the same ...