_Jess_

New here and I need advice!! :)

Hi! My name is Jess and I’m a beginner in tattooing, so far I’ve tattooed on fake skin and myself. However, things don’t work out so well ahaha😂 The problem is that I keep cutting my skin while I’m tattooing myself and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong? The needle gets stuck in my skin and the ink doesn’t seem to enter properly (and deep enough). Can you guys help me please? 

Thank you xox 

3 hours ago, Hogrider said:

This is not a forum for scratchers. 

This is not a forum for insulting beginners either🤠 Next time when you don’t have anything constructive to say just don’t say anything at all! xx 

18 minutes ago, JessCharette said:

This is not a forum for insulting beginners either🤠 Next time when you don’t have anything constructive to say just don’t say anything at all! xx 

Go read the forum rules. This is not a place to teach people how to tattoo.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• hey guys new to this forum, hopefully someone can help me.. I am getting my upper arm re-worked currently and I was told during consult that it would take 6-8 hours total. I decided to break that up into two sessions (confirmed via email between me and my artist) and had my first 4-hour session already. When my artist took me up to the front to pay after my session, they told me that it would take an additional 8 hours. I felt totally blindsided by this... I can understand it taking maybe 1-2 hours more than expected (that is normal for any larger/complicated tattoo) which I fully accepted due to the quoted time window.. but adding another 4 hours is a big jump. Especially when you start translating that into $$... it's an extra 900 on top of the 500 I already paid for my first session (I was quoted 600-800 total, depending on time). I feel like the artist wasn't up front with me and I'm stuck now with unfinished work. Plus my experience wasn't that awesome- there were some other things that happened during the appt that made me feel super rushed and like I was being hustled out the door. The artist sprung this on me right at the door as I was about to walk out.  Is it appropriate for me to ask my artist to float the cost of the additional hours it will take to finish it? I feel like they bit off more than they could chew, realized that it was going to take longer and is now asking me to pay for their oversight. I get that there can sometimes be 1-2 hour differences, but honestly adding four extra hours is pretty suss to me- especially as I'm being hustled out the door at closing time. If the artist had at least sat me down and said "hey, this is a much bigger project than I expected and we are probably going to need another four hours to complete this. I am so sorry but can we meet in the middle on this?" and approached it that way, I would have been much more willing to pay whatever it took to finish it. But the way this went down just left a bad taste in my mouth. They also seemed annoyed that I wanted to use my deposit for my session and said I'd have to put down another deposit for my next appt... It was all really weird and I felt really upset about it after I left. What do you think I should do? Am I being unreasonable to ask for my artist to eat the cost of the extra time ? 
    • Ryan Thomas at Black13 in Nashville. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Topics

• Blog Entries