Never heal well

ABriwell

I have 12 tattoos and my last few have healed so badly that I am reluctant to get anymore done. I stick to the healing routine everytime using mild anti bacterial wash 2/3 times a day, make sure it is dry before I add a pure moisturiser. I used to use bepanthan but no matter how well I air dried it, it still gunks up. I then tried just coconut oil which is better but im still not healing well. My last 5 tattoos have been colour and I'm wondering if this may be the issue. So desperate to find a reason for it as I absolutely love my tattoos and have so many more I have spent a lot of time designing that I want done. Maybe I am destined to only get black fine line ones.  

2 hours ago, ABriwell said:

I have 12 tattoos and my last few have healed so badly that I am reluctant to get anymore done. I stick to the healing routine everytime using mild anti bacterial wash 2/3 times a day, make sure it is dry before I add a pure moisturiser. I used to use bepanthan but no matter how well I air dried it, it still gunks up. I then tried just coconut oil which is better but im still not healing well. My last 5 tattoos have been colour and I'm wondering if this may be the issue. So desperate to find a reason for it as I absolutely love my tattoos and have so many more I have spent a lot of time designing that I want done. Maybe I am destined to only get black fine line ones.  

try https://saniderm.com/       I use the https://saniderm.com/product/personal-size-10-2-in-x-2-yd-roll/     I have been using it for several years now on many tattoos, and this shit works great !  put it on 24 hours after the tattoo and leave it on for 4 or 5 days, take it off and it's healed.  you can sleep, wear any clothing, shower, whatever with it on.

the first 24 hrs after the tattoo I use cocoa butter and saran wrap,wash it with anti-microbial soap every few hours, wash it once more, dry it with clean paper towels, apply the saniderm on clean dry skin. BAM 

be sure and carefully shave the area to be tattooed and for several inches around it so the saniderm sticks good.

that's my method, I have been getting tattooed for many many years and have tried EVERYTHING over the years,and IMO this is the best way.

Edited by Dan

Yep, fairly common topic that you'll find lots of historical treads about here. Everybody and how their skin reacts to products is different. 

There are a couple of us here who practice the "keep it clean and don't put anything on it" routine with great results.