Sunscreen

Eijin

Hi everyone. 

I know that my question may seem a bit silly and that someone could say to just use my common sense. I'm still looking for an advice. 

Everyday we are getting more and more of sun now and everyone will be using screen protector for their tattoo. Last year when I was doing so I have found that every time sunscreen was leaving stains on the clothes. Yellow stains on white t shirts and grey greasy on colour. They are incredible difficult to get rid of and it's difficult for me to imagine that every person who's got a tattoo is struggling with this. Is there any way, remedy to avoid that? I just can't think of any and I actually feel a bit silly to come here and ask for something like this.

I'm a bit surprised it never happened to you guys I'll try to change brand in that case. Anyway thanks. And this is what I have found about sunscreen stains. 

"Sunscreen stains are mostly oily, but they can also leave orange, rust-colored stains on your clothes thanks to avobenzone, an ingredient found in sunblock that can react with iron in hard water." 

• 1 month later...

I always use a zinc based sunscreen which is the best for protection. But it’s also the greyest, thickest balm. Gets on everything like the op described. So now I wear golfing sleeves whenever I’m commuting or taking any kind of prolonged solar beat down on my arms. They’re really comfortable actually. Just google golf sleeves.

• 2 years later...

I work a few hours outside a week like 12, under some coverage but at times the sun will be directly on me, should I just sweat it out and wear a long sleeve spf shirt and some pants? Is That overkill? Or should I just wear short sleeves and shorts and trust in sunscreen?

6 hours ago, havoc00 said:

I work a few hours outside a week like 12, under some coverage but at times the sun will be directly on me, should I just sweat it out and wear a long sleeve spf shirt and some pants? Is That overkill? Or should I just wear short sleeves and shorts and trust in sunscreen?

Sweat it out. Skin cancer is no fun. The problem is, when it’s too late it’s too late. And 12 is not “a few.” 😉

On 5/24/2020 at 1:33 AM, Dan said:

me when I go to the islands

beach.JPG

That's the way I beach it, too! 

2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Sweat it out. Skin cancer is no fun. The problem is, when it’s too late it’s too late. And 12 is not “a few.” 😉

For sure sweat it out. I'm in SW Florida, and back in the 70's and 80's didn't bother with sunscreen.  I'm paying for it now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...