Saniderm question

rok21

I got my tattoo touched up yesterday and was told to keep the Saniderm wrap on for five days. There’s a good amount of blood as you can see in the picture. Is this normal or should I try and wash it? Thanks!

2166F09B-A56F-4EBD-BA18-6CE0C6CBA20D.jpeg

1 hour ago, rok21 said:

I got my tattoo touched up yesterday and was told to keep the Saniderm wrap on for five days. There’s a good amount of blood as you can see in the picture. Is this normal or should I try and wash it? Thanks!

take it off,wash it with anti-microbial soap,  re-apply some more saniderm,or just keep it clean and lotion it a couple times  a day.

I personally would not let that liquid sit on it like that. I usually apply saniderm about 24 hours after the tattoo work.

Edited by Dan

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

take it off,wash it with anti-microbial soap,  re-apply some more saniderm,or just keep it clean and lotion it a couple times  a day.

I personally would not let that liquid sit on it like that. I usually apply saniderm about 24 hours after the tattoo work.

Ok thank you. I called the artist and he said I can take it off Thursday but not to wash or do anything to it until then. 

2 hours ago, rok21 said:

Ok thank you. I called the artist and he said I can take it off Thursday but not to wash or do anything to it until then. 

well yes, normally I do leave it on for 4 or 5 days, but I don't put it on until about 24 hours after the tattoo application, that gives it a chance for all the liquids to seep out, then I wash it once more and apply the saniderm to clean dry skin and leave it on for several days, I don't like to leave the liquid in it like in your pic.

also it is perfectly good for a tattoo to wash it with warm water and anti-microbial soap.

Edited by Dan

Either way will work if it's kept clean. I left my 1st saniderm on for the full 4-5 days and that pocket of plasma/ink will reduce in size and dry somewhat. After removal you'll just be washing off the dry matter and sludge. Kind of like a damp scab.