Design advice needed

ClayJ0787

I would like to get a nice colorful tattoo that loosely matches the colors and style of one I already have (see pic).  I want it to reflect my love for camping with my 2 young daughters but don't know how to depict my daughters.  The main part of the tattoo needs to be a tent, possibly with a campfire nearby and sunset/stars overhead.  But I want to depict something that reminds me of camping with the girls.  My thoughts were to show a large pair of hiking boots outside the tent door next to 2 smaller pairs, but would this look too small on a tattoo?  Blur over time?  Other ideas: show a large star and 2 smaller ones in the sky, show a large camping chair and 2 smaller ones by the fire, show silhouettes of father/daughters in the tent, their initials on the tent wall, etc.

I need ideas!  Tattoo size would be somewhere between a drink coaster and a CD, located on hairy calf.

IMG_2878.jpg

The "meaning" of a tattoo doesn't need to be literally linked to the visual objects depicted in it, unless it's very important to you that strangers have the opportunity to try and understand your vision. 

Any tattoo that reminds you and your girls of those memories will fulfill the purpose of displaying that artwork. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about trying to find the right '1 large, 2 small' objects as much as coming up with any camping scene (or any scene that reflects the vibe) that reminds you of those encounters.