Cover Up Idea?

shampoobottle

I posted a few months ago. Due to the quarantine I haven’t been able to get a cover up done, but I’ve been thinking about different ideas.  I don’t like how the birdcage turned out, but I’m thinking of working around it and partially covering it up. (and having it cleaned up a bit) Hopefully by putting a larger bird in front sitting on leaves or a branch and having the birdcage in the background to symbolize the bird still escaping the cage. 

Do you think it’d look ok or should I just cover the whole thing up?

57154A7B-E541-44FC-A2F5-DD581AC0A203.jpeg

91B7CC0D-4522-4BBF-AD46-4C60B59D5D61.jpeg

B77554BB-F34E-4ABB-B9ED-C1CD6EDBB2EB.jpeg

114E37CF-4D81-44F1-BEFD-915CC57BF080.jpeg

F9DEBAC1-6A5D-4C84-B3D7-70628C8C4281.jpeg

D4CA0757-9C39-4350-ABB9-16E8E2833A65.jpeg

E8480725-4AB6-45C9-AD11-E6312D7A0124.jpeg

That cage is pretty dark with fat lines and the examples you're posting are pretty dainty. Any cover is going to have to be quite dark to hide the old work, and trying to incorporate that cage with dainty next to it doesn't sound appealing, at least to me . . . 

8 minutes ago, SStu said:

That cage is pretty dark with fat lines and the examples you're posting are pretty dainty. Any cover is going to have to be quite dark to hide the old work, and trying to incorporate that cage with dainty next to it doesn't sound appealing, at least to me . . . 

Do you think it could still be dainty even if the cover is dark?

16 hours ago, oboogie said:

It looks pretty rough and full of blowouts. I think you need someone to cover that up and just put the dainty bird somewhere else. Also, don't go back to whoever did that. Find a new artist who excels at coverups.

And educate yourself about tattoos. People think that simple tattoos are easy. Actually, it's just the opposite. There's no where to hide in a simple tattoo. Thin lines on thin skin are prone to blow out. Learn how to tell a good artist from a hack.

22 hours ago, shampoobottle said:

Do you think it could still be dainty even if the cover is dark?

"Dainty" usually involves thin lines. There might be an artist out there who incorporates both dainty and thick into the same images, but that's not what I usually look for - so I'm not familiar with any. 

Edited by SStu