New project on Kickstarter for tattoo lovers and artists

Alex Guinness

Hi. My name is Alex. I am an artist. I know how it works being a freelancer. I know what competition is. We are all talented and ambitious. We all want recognition. We do what we love, and it would be great to get appreciation for what we create. That’s why me and my friend decided to start a niche tattoo shop allowing each of you to sell your tattoo designs and find new clients.

It’s more that idea already, but less than a realized plan yet. It’s just the two of us in it.

Find out more about the project and get rewards:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/glitchink/niche-tattoo-multi-vendor-marketplace?ref=5arvtf&token=1437ac92

Promo-page: www.glitchink.com

If you have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks a lot

cr.jpg

Edited by Alex Guinness

2 hours ago, Alex Guinness said:

Hi. My name is Alex. I am an artist. I know how it works being a freelancer. I know what competition is. We are all talented and ambitious. We all want recognition. We do what we love, and it would be great to get appreciation for what we create. That’s why me and my friend decided to start a niche tattoo shop allowing each of you to sell your tattoo designs and find new clients.

It’s more that idea already, but less than a realized plan yet. It’s just the two of us in it. And we need your help to finish what’ve started. 

Find out more about the project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/glitchink/niche-tattoo-multi-vendor-marketplace?ref=5arvtf&token=1437ac92

Promo-page: www.glitchink.com

If you have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks a lot

sorry but I don't like it when people ask for handouts to start a business,do it the right way,get a loan,save your money,earn it, work for it.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

sorry but I don't like it when people ask for handouts to start a business,do it the right way,get a loan,save your money,earn it, work for it.

hi

Nowadays, there are many tools to try to start a risk-free business. Crowdfunding is one of them. it’s strange not to use good tools
it solves several problems: informing the audience and raising funds. Difficulties need to be circumvented, not fought against.

Also backers do not give money to the project, but buy rewards that they like in this project. Our project has very good rewards up to 0% sales commission. This is a good contribution for a freelancer.

Edited by Alex Guinness

40 minutes ago, Alex Guinness said:

hi

Nowadays, there are many tools to try to start a risk-free business. Crowdfunding is one of them. it’s strange not to use good tools
it solves several problems: informing the audience and raising funds. Difficulties need to be circumvented, not fought against.

Also backers do not give money to the project, but buy rewards that they like in this project. Our project has very good rewards up to 0% sales commission. This is a good contribution for a freelancer.

LOL  that's my point ! asking for handouts from other people and their  money is risk free for you, not them  !  

wouldn't work for me,but whatever floats your boat.

Edited by Dan

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

LOL  that's my point ! asking for handouts from other people and their  money is risk free for you, not them  !  

wouldn't work for me,but whatever floats your boat.

So that you do not ask strange questions, I recommend that you first study how crowdfunding works +)

23 hours ago, Alex Guinness said:

So that you do not ask strange questions, I recommend that you first study how crowdfunding works +)

I recommend you learn how forums and tattooing. Your first post is asking for something???  Get real. There is no viable market for tattoo designs by nobodies. 

Back to the drawing board.

32 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

I recommend you learn how forums and tattooing. Your first post is asking for something???  Get real. There is no viable market for tattoo designs by nobodies. 

Back to the drawing board.

hi

i'm not a tattoo-master, i'm an artist. This post is only to inform your community about a new project.

22 hours ago, Alex Guinness said:

hi

i'm not a tattoo-master, i'm an artist. This post is only to inform your community about a new project.

You should learn about the industry. There is a difference between great art and art that makes a great tattoo. Nobody is going to buy art from someone who isn't even a tattooer.

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

You should learn about the industry. There is a difference between great art and art that makes a great tattoo. Nobody is going to buy art from someone who isn't even a tattooer.

why not?

I drew for myself a sketch of a tattoo that I like based on the artist Jean-Baptiste Monge and made a tattoo with someone who knows how to make a tattoo. That's what came out of it

IMG_6914.jpg

Art by me, Tattoo by: Alis Tattoo Studio

Edited by Alex Guinness

1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

Many talented artists, like many talented tattooers. There is a problem when I am in another part of the world and cannot make a tattoo in the style of a master who is in thousands of kilometers from me. There is an option to buy his design and make a tattoo in my city.

Our mission is to reduce the distance between tattoo lovers and creators. We want to bring you all under one roof, to make the art of various cultures and nationalities available for fans, who can decorate their bodies with tattoos.

Edited by Alex Guinness

Turning up to a new place to try to get people to back your crowdfunding product is a bad idea. I've backed many Kickstarters, but I learn about it organically and find out for myself. 

Also, this isn't going to work. My artist has a degree in art and can draw anything I need him to. The vast majority of tattoo artists aren't going to tattoo something you brought in from some nobody who has never tattooed. They will laugh about your request after you leave. It's just not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

28 minutes ago, oboogie said:

Turning up to a new place to try to get people to back your crowdfunding product is a bad idea. I've backed many Kickstarters, but I learn about it organically and find out for myself. 

Also, this isn't going to work. My artist has a degree in art and can draw anything I need him to. The vast majority of tattoo artists aren't going to tattoo something you brought in from some nobody who has never tattooed. They will laugh about your request after you leave. It's just not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Hi.  thanks for the answer. I started an advertising campaign on Facebook today, I will look for an audience there. I am glad that we are having a constructive discussion, I learn a lot of new things about the industry that will be useful in promoting our project. One more question, if I turn to you for a sketch in your style, will you sell it to me?

• 2 months later...