Sharing a Sleeve, 20 years In the Making

1esotericguy

Hello Last Sparrow Forum.  Got my first tattoo around 1999 at 222 Tattoo in San Francisco.  (Just to put the time in context: this was so long ago, I had to type out my idea, print it out, and FEDEX it to the shop.  Also, I actually picked up the phone, and called to make an appt)  Stopped getting tattooed around 2002.  At that point, I had an above the elbow half sleeve and 1/2 chest panel.  I didn't get tattooed again for 15 years.  Jumped back in in 2017, when I saw the amazing things that people were pulling off now.  I feel pretty fortunate to have gotten tattooed by some really cool artists.  Finished my right arm this last Christmas, and I have 98% of a full chest done.  I didn't plan on a sleeve or a chest piece when I got my first tattoo 20 years ago.  I had NO plan, but in my opinion - it's a testament to the power of great artists that my patchwork collection of dissimilar ideas can live together in some cohesive way.  I put a bunch of pictures down below. 

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by 1esotericguy

On 5/13/2020 at 7:46 AM, SStu said:

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. 

And some Deutsche, too!

Thanks.  Since I got my first tattoo on this arm at 222, I thought it was super cool when I got the chance to have Eddy Deutsche do the last two tattoos to finish the sleeve.  Ended up being like bookends on a story.  That's why I kind of hit the gas and did two session in Dec, just because I was able to get in.  Didn't want to miss the chance. 

Also, it was an elbow and a weird gap fill that I tasked him with.  I really wanted a master level person, just because I had no idea how to fill 2 such weird spaces.  So, when I was able to book with Eddy, it was perfect. 

Edited by 1esotericguy