New Member, also a question

deckerisareplicant

Hello all, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your community! Hope to share some beautiful art with you guys here shortly. Along with the many questions I'll probably have! Haha.  Let me start with one?

I was thinking about having the ribbon in my Black& White tattoo filled in, making it a simple black ribbon. The words within were a reflection of something personal I was going through years ago, and not something that I particularly want to be reminded of every day anymore. I had gotten the work done on a whim.

I love the rest of the tattoo so don’t want a complete coverup… I’d still like m the ribbon to have that wrapped around appearance, and it may be weird because the backside of the ribbon is already kind of shadowed in with black ink. So would it look weird if the front of the ribbon was also filled in? Do you think an artist can artistically change the ribbon without compromising the quality of the tattoo itself? How hard of a project would this be?

untitled.png

Yeah, I mean it’s a great looking tattoo, in my opinion. I just wish I would not have had any words at all put in there. I feel like I have to explain to people (i.e. employers) what it means, why I have to be reminded to be “good”, and it’s been eating at me a bit. I guess in reality nobody’s really paying attention to what my tattoos say. 

13 hours ago, deckerisareplicant said:

Yeah, I mean it’s a great looking tattoo, in my opinion. I just wish I would not have had any words at all put in there. I feel like I have to explain to people (i.e. employers) what it means, why I have to be reminded to be “good”, and it’s been eating at me a bit. I guess in reality nobody’s really paying attention to what my tattoos say. 

You are right. Most people don't notice a whole lotta stuff until we call attention to it by being overly self-conscious.

And honestly, the words could be interpreted many ways. Don't stress it. Could even be a cool prop for a pickup line. :10_wink:

22 hours ago, deckerisareplicant said:

No one cares what it says. Trust me on that.

If I happened to read that on someone- as an employee. socially, whatever- I would 100% interpret it as a general motto not some kind of needed reminder because otherwise you would be bad. It's possibly the most benign, least offensive words possible on a tattoo. I ❤️Mom is edgier and more controversial. Tattoo looks good. If you are taking votes mine is to not change it.