hi I am new to the forum. this is the only forum I can post in. I am guessing that its ment to be that way for whatever reason. So hello.

i do have a question. how difficult is it to get a tattoo over another tattoo?

i got one when i was about 18 and looking at it i think its not really a good one. I mean its well done its just dumb for me and i did not think it through enough. If i want to add something to cover/change it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bigal80ak said:

i got one when i was about 18 and looking at it i think its not really a good one. I mean its well done its just dumb for me and i did not think it through enough. If i want to add something to cover/change it.

find the right artist that likes doing coverups & is good at it, they could do just fine,

what you have to do is a lot of research to find the right person,

I have a couple coverups that are perfect.

Edited by Dan

18 hours ago, Bigal80ak said:

It depends. If it's a big dark, poorly done tattoo, it might be hard. If it's a small, light, faded tattoo, it will be a lot easier. Make sure you get someone really experienced with coverups. Look at samples of their work. I've seen coverups that were worse than the original.

I was getting tattooed one day and this woman comes in with one of the most amateurish, God awful tattoos I've ever seen. It was a cover up. After she was gone my artist looks at me and said, "That looks like Arnold Schwartzenager climbing out of a tar pit."

11 hours ago, Bigal80ak said:

Sorry for the very late reply hear are some pics

that's an easy cover up by the right tattooer , do some research for artists in your area that like doing coverups and do whatever style new tattoo that you want to get.