Rate my tattoo - Direction and help

Abnormal

Hi,

Soo.. this is my traditional tattoo of the classic piece "Pharaohs Horses". I got this 2 years ago, and I'm still happy with it! But...

Some may say it's facing the wrong direction, since the proper way of displaying art is towards the centre of the body(?). I had the discussion with my tattooist prior, and he said he could flip it to the other direction, but then it wouldn't be facing the original way. Since I didn't wanted it on my left arm for some particular reason (will cover that one soon as well lol), I went ahead and got it facing outward on my right arm.

So my question is,

What do you guys think of it? Should I get something below which is facing forward to balance out the overall look? Will it make it (more) awkward?

Ps. Picture is from before it was healed.

20200614_084412.jpg

3 hours ago, Abnormal said:

Hi,

Soo.. this is my traditional tattoo of the classic piece "Pharaohs Horses". I got this 2 years ago, and I'm still happy with it! But...

Some may say it's facing the wrong direction, since the proper way of displaying art is towards the centre of the body(?). I had the discussion with my tattooist prior, and he said he could flip it to the other direction, but then it wouldn't be facing the original way. Since I didn't wanted it on my left arm for some particular reason (will cover that one soon as well lol), I went ahead and got it facing outward on my right arm.

So my question is,

What do you guys think of it? Should I get something below which is facing forward to balance out the overall look? Will it make it (more) awkward?

Ps. Picture is from before it was healed.

welcome !

and I say, who gives a fuck what "others" say !?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

if you like it that's all that matters .

looks fine to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I think your tattoo looks brilliant. 

I faced the same concern with my own tattoo (shared this a couple days ago). In order to keep it faithful to the original design it needed to face away from the center of my body (also on my right arm as it just so happens). Keeping it faithful to the original artwork was far more important to me. But of course sometime later (after the tattoo healed) I asked myself if I had made a mistake. But in the end, as a few members here have said more or less, "F*** everybody else." If you like it, that's all that should matter.

Anyway, it's good to know I'm in good company!! 

Edited by QueenFan

• 2 weeks later...