Is this a blowout or bruising?

Weza

Hi Guys, I got this tattoo last week and I’m wondering whether this is a blowout or some bruising. I know I’m dark and it might not be that noticeable, but I’m still worried. The first image is the tattoo rn and the second is when I got it done 

563FFECC-B48D-4A25-A78E-1877C5AC3CD7.jpeg

A51D069E-C3BA-4C23-8E6E-04ADB5135FF6.jpeg

Edited by Weza
Add pics

It's way too early to tell. You'll have to wait 3-4 weeks before you really know what it's going to look like. 

I'd be more concerned with how it already appears to be significantly lighter in just one week. That might change with healing, too. Hopefully the tattooist really got the ink down in there adequately . . . 

3 hours ago, SStu said:

It's way too early to tell. You'll have to wait 3-4 weeks before you really know what it's going to look like. 

I'd be more concerned with how it already appears to be significantly lighter in just one week. That might change with healing, too. Hopefully the tattooist really got the ink down in there adequately . . . 

Yes, I completely agree with you. I feel that the tattoo is very light rn and even tho it can’t be seen in the picture it has also lost some of it details. 

my only concern now is whether I should return to him and get it fixed by him or if I should go to another tattoo artist. Ofc once the tattoo heals. 

Three things

First, it will never look like it did the day it was done.

Second, tattoos take 4-6 weeks to heal. You won't know anything until it's healed.

Third, I wouldn't give anyone a second chance. I never understood the mindset behind going back to the person who screwed it up to give them a second chance. That is a very delicate tattoo with lots of thin lines. You are far more likely to make it worse trying to fix it. You can't really fix a blowout. Most important though, it looks nice.

Be happy. When you're pasty white like me, blowouts really stand out. Although I'm so covered now that they don't really show at all.

2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Three things

First, it will never look like it did the day it was done.

Second, tattoos take 4-6 weeks to heal. You won't know anything until it's healed.

Third, I wouldn't give anyone a second chance. I never understood the mindset behind going back to the person who screwed it up to give them a second chance. That is a very delicate tattoo with lots of thin lines. You are far more likely to make it worse trying to fix it. You can't really fix a blowout. Most important though, it looks nice.

Be happy. When you're pasty white like me, blowouts really stand out. Although I'm so covered now that they don't really show at all.

Thank you a lot. I know that they will never look the same but I just found it very odd because I have other tattoos that never faded like this one and look just as good after they healed. 

i am also waiting for it to heal and hopefully after that time it will be a little better. 

im definitely not going back as I think that the problem is his ink. My mom got a tattoo by him before and it looks beautiful and very well done. Yet, when I got my tattoo she also got some and they look just like mine, very faded and all bruised around. 

15 hours ago, Weza said:

im definitely not going back as I think that the problem is his ink. My mom got a tattoo by him before and it looks beautiful and very well done. Yet, when I got my tattoo she also got some and they look just like mine, very faded and all bruised around. 

The answer could be one of several possibilities. Was your Mom's earlier work by him done in the same style, or is the tattooist trying to learn new things? Has he developed a personal "habit" that inhibits production? Any number of factors could change how any "artist" performs. 

I'd find someone new, myself. Where are you located?