Sign in to follow this  
Weza

Is this a blowout or bruising?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys, I got this tattoo last week and I’m wondering whether this is a blowout or some bruising. I know I’m dark and it might not be that noticeable, but I’m still worried. The first image is the tattoo rn and the second is when I got it done 

563FFECC-B48D-4A25-A78E-1877C5AC3CD7.jpeg

A51D069E-C3BA-4C23-8E6E-04ADB5135FF6.jpeg

Edited by Weza
Add pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's way too early to tell. You'll have to wait 3-4 weeks before you really know what it's going to look like. 

I'd be more concerned with how it already appears to be significantly lighter in just one week. That might change with healing, too. Hopefully the tattooist really got the ink down in there adequately . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SStu said:

It's way too early to tell. You'll have to wait 3-4 weeks before you really know what it's going to look like. 

I'd be more concerned with how it already appears to be significantly lighter in just one week. That might change with healing, too. Hopefully the tattooist really got the ink down in there adequately . . . 

Yes, I completely agree with you. I feel that the tattoo is very light rn and even tho it can’t be seen in the picture it has also lost some of it details. 
 

my only concern now is whether I should return to him and get it fixed by him or if I should go to another tattoo artist. Ofc once the tattoo heals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three things

First, it will never look like it did the day it was done.

Second, tattoos take 4-6 weeks to heal. You won't know anything until it's healed.

Third, I wouldn't give anyone a second chance. I never understood the mindset behind going back to the person who screwed it up to give them a second chance. That is a very delicate tattoo with lots of thin lines. You are far more likely to make it worse trying to fix it. You can't really fix a blowout. Most important though, it looks nice.

Be happy. When you're pasty white like me, blowouts really stand out. Although I'm so covered now that they don't really show at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Three things

First, it will never look like it did the day it was done.

Second, tattoos take 4-6 weeks to heal. You won't know anything until it's healed.

Third, I wouldn't give anyone a second chance. I never understood the mindset behind going back to the person who screwed it up to give them a second chance. That is a very delicate tattoo with lots of thin lines. You are far more likely to make it worse trying to fix it. You can't really fix a blowout. Most important though, it looks nice.

Be happy. When you're pasty white like me, blowouts really stand out. Although I'm so covered now that they don't really show at all.

Thank you a lot. I know that they will never look the same but I just found it very odd because I have other tattoos that never faded like this one and look just as good after they healed. 
 

i am also waiting for it to heal and hopefully after that time it will be a little better. 
 

im definitely not going back as I think that the problem is his ink. My mom got a tattoo by him before and it looks beautiful and very well done. Yet, when I got my tattoo she also got some and they look just like mine, very faded and all bruised around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Weza said:

im definitely not going back as I think that the problem is his ink. My mom got a tattoo by him before and it looks beautiful and very well done. Yet, when I got my tattoo she also got some and they look just like mine, very faded and all bruised around. 

The answer could be one of several possibilities. Was your Mom's earlier work by him done in the same style, or is the tattooist trying to learn new things? Has he developed a personal "habit" that inhibits production? Any number of factors could change how any "artist" performs. 

I'd find someone new, myself. Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • This. I have a piece on my back that I've not once fretted over. But after I got my first "visible" tattoo I started going over every f*cking detail. This was after waiting a long time, searching for the perfect tattoo artist, consulting with the artist prior, etc. I was calculated. But as already noted, some people (such as myself) need that little bit of reassurance because maybe our anxiety gets the better of us. We're all wired differently.  To the OP, to me it looks like you got a bit tanner. Not to worry, even if it is darker, it will still look great. 
    • LMFAO @ that GIF 🤣🤣  that cracked me up! honestly I think most people just want some kind of reassurance in most aspects with their questions. I know the main reason I joined initially was cause I had a crack on the inside of my ditch (little did I know there was a thread from years ago about healing ditches etc). Then I got paranoid about infection because I just lost my job and don’t have health insurance and you know the funniest thing? This is the first tattoo I can actually see, and saw during the healing process. The rest of mine are shoulder, collarbone, back. I mean I can see my collarbone in the mirror but not infront of my face like my arm... I honestly think that’s partly the issue, if you can see it, you can dwell on imperfections, how it’s healing etc etc. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    • I know you can't tell me anything until it's healed, but what can you tell me?   I'm with you on the no anxiety after getting a tattoo. I read about it and understand it, but I've never felt it. Probably because I waited so long, researched it so thoroughly, and took my time finding the right artist.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

  • Topics

  • Blog Entries