Leg tattoos and questions. Input appreciated

MajstcSpaceDuck

Hello!

So I knew once I got to my bodybuilding physic I would want to get tattoos all over. My wife has a ton so she was a good influence. I am doing my right arm for significant family stuff. A half sleeve for my wife and myself and already one for our future kids.

My first question is are leg tattoos hard to manage as a male. I don't have terribly hairy legs, but they are hairy. Is the best option to just start shaving them and keeping them that way? Are there easy ways to manage.

I am also looking for some input for the idea. I want to do a theme around nautical and aquatic mythical beasts. I would like to showcase the Leviathan and Kraken the most. Other beasts worth including would be Hyrda and Megaladon. I have some reference photos I like for this idea, but this is mostly for the style of the beast. 

Third how  you style this? straight black and grey? Is there an artist you would recommend? My local artist is great and my wife likes them, but for something like this I might want to shop around.

Thanks!

suio9k12bhu01.jpg

1427111a7e4e1440527eece45b02d119.jpg

There’s a few people in Columbus and surrounding areas that (from what I’ve seen) would be amazing at this, but it’s a decent trip. LOL. 

And I’d have to agree with SStu, I guess it depends on what you prefer and the artist you find that fits around that.

Goodluck, hope you find someone that you’re happy with.. the shits permanent after all lol. 

Edited by Hollie

1 minute ago, SStu said:

You the man Stu. Thanks!

If you're planning on competing, I wouldn't get any tattoos. They really will cover up a lot of your hard work. I used to lift when I was young and my arms were really cut, and you could see it. I let myself go, but when I came back to it after getting sleeves, you couldn't see the definition anywhere near as well. Just something to think about. 

Also, I'd look at a lot of tattoos to set your expectations. They won't look anything like those pics, they can still be great, but skin has limitations, especially when it comes to how much detail you can add AND expect to hold up well.

1 minute ago, Hogrider said:

If you're planning on competing, I wouldn't get any tattoos. They really will cover up a lot of your hard work. I used to lift when I was young and my arms were really cut, and you could see it. I let myself go, but when I came back to it after getting sleeves, you couldn't see the definition anywhere near as well. Just something to think about. 

Also, I'd look at a lot of tattoos to set your expectations. They won't look anything like those pics, they can still be great, but skin has limitations, especially when it comes to how much detail you can add AND expect to hold up well.

Appreciate it man. I don't plan on competitive bodybuilding maybe a few local shows for fun. As far as the detail goes I am aware it won't be as good as the picture. Those pictures are mostly references. I definitely want to tattoo to last and look good.