Hello all, help me fix my chest tattoo!

Lefteye

Please help me think of how to finally change this. It originally was meant to be much closer and tight. No where near how spread out and crappy hotwheels hood design that it turned out to be. This is from 4 years back. I have good artist's now but we've been trying to think for awhile and I need some other minds to help!

20200629_164914.jpg

It is awful, it's not fun to have. I hear what you're saying, there has been suggestions but I'm trying to see what having multiple ideas from others would bring up. I have a buddy that works at one of the best shops in the state and between him and two other artists they were all stummped and didn't seem to want to take it on. Though thats true I suppose there has to be someone out there a little more dedicated that I could find as well

5 hours ago, Lefteye said:

It is awful, it's not fun to have. I hear what you're saying, there has been suggestions but I'm trying to see what having multiple ideas from others would bring up. I have a buddy that works at one of the best shops in the state and between him and two other artists they were all stummped and didn't seem to want to take it on. Though thats true I suppose there has to be someone out there a little more dedicated that I could find as well

Not to be argumentative, but if they can’t come up with something then they aren’t even near the best shop in the state. I’d keep looking.

for Christ’s sake, I’m not even an artist and I could see fixing that with a snake cover up. Anything with curves and scales.

Maybe the artists could just use some structure around what you want. Japanese, American, Realism, Surrealism, water color, trash polka, black and Grey, Color, Objects, scenes, animals, cars?

What are you circling as a jumping off point? It’s kind of vast just looking out from a hole.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:21 PM, Queen Rocks said:

Yeah, I can see horns as well.

Newbie question...but couldn't you get it lasered and then do something with less restriction? I've heard black ink is the easiest to fade. Not cheap though, as I understand it. 

No, you can't "erase" tattoos. That's not how it works.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:21 PM, Queen Rocks said:

Yeah, I can see horns as well.

Newbie question...but couldn't you get it lasered and then do something with less restriction? I've heard black ink is the easiest to fade. Not cheap though, as I understand it. 

As mentioned, even removing it, you’d never start from scratch unfortunately, there would be scar tissue etc.. in fact I could be wrong but I think it’d be even harder for the tattoo artist to work with. 

6 minutes ago, Hollie said:

As mentioned, even removing it, you’d never start from scratch unfortunately, there would be scar tissue etc.. in fact I could be wrong but I think it’d be even harder for the tattoo artist to work with. 

This is why I'm glad I joined this community. I definitely have much to learn. While I was aware you can't outright erase the tattoo, I didn't think it would make the process even harder for the tattoo artist. I'm both humbled and thankful!

Edited by Queen Rocks

4 hours ago, Queen Rocks said:

This is why I'm glad I joined this community. I definitely have much to learn. While I was aware you can't outright erase the tattoo, I didn't think it would make the process even harder for the tattoo artist. I'm both humbled and thankful!

I’m assuming. Definitely not an artist myself but I know scar tissue is permanent and once it’s there, there’s never erasing it. I’ve heard laser also hurts more than having the tattoo done itself sooo I’m not sure I’d personally be keen on that 😂

3 minutes ago, Hollie said:

I’m assuming. Definitely not an artist myself but I know scar tissue is permanent and once it’s there, there’s never erasing it. I’ve heard laser also hurts more than having the tattoo done itself sooo I’m not sure I’d personally be keen on that 😂

Yeah, I have heard that as well. Tattoo laser removal definitely isn't something you'd want to do, I'd say it's one of the absolute last things you'd wanna do, actually. From what I've heard (no direct experience), the pain of the laser just doesn't compare to tattoo pain as it's on a whole 'nother level, it takes multiple sessions for the tattoo to really fade and because of how incredibly tough it is on your skin you need an interval of at least one month in-between sessions. That, and the thousands of dollars it can add up to... 

My artist told me that she has advised customers to get one or two laser sessions done before cover-ups only a very few handful of times because of all the above cons to lasering, and even with them she suggested no more than one or two sessions just to extremely dark tattoos to lighten the slightest bit so it would be easier to then cover up - to get tattoo lines to fade "wholly" not infrequently takes years and like others already said, would still be visible anyway. 😅

You'll find several historical threads here regarding lasering. It shouldn't leave actual scar tissue and tattooing over it isn't a problem - it's actually the goal for most lasering. That being said, it's NO fun and quite expensive. Cover options are usually the better route depending on what you're starting with. 

1 hour ago, SStu said:

You'll find several historical threads here regarding lasering. It shouldn't leave actual scar tissue and tattooing over it isn't a problem - it's actually the goal for most lasering. That being said, it's NO fun and quite expensive. Cover options are usually the better route depending on what you're starting with. 

Thanks for clarifying that. I don’t like misinforming people however it seems it was done to me! Lol

Yeah I have no interest in lasering, I'm located in Wisconsin. Again I hear the thoughts that a real artist should be able to have plenty of suggestions I'm just looking for ideas and I'm not opposed to still trying to find one that eants to take it on. The snake recommendation isn't one I've come acrossed and is a a cool take on the mess