Ed Hardy or Ami James

Bubbleberry

So everyone in this thead is talking about Ed Hardy or Ami James. Tv Vs. Ed Hardy. The thing is Ya Ed Hardy took tattooing to another level by being one of the first Americans to do Traditional Japanese, but what about everyone else around that time that helped make tattooing what it is? Sailor Jerry was the first to bring purple pigment into tattooing, Sailor Jerry took Ed Hardy under his wing. I highly recommend everyone on this board to watch Hori Smoku Sailor Jerry. The full movie is on youtube. But other that Jerry, Lyle Tuttle, Bert Grim, Philadelphia Eddie (Crazy Eddie), Mike Malone, Stony Sin Clair, Gil Montie, all these guys helped take tattooing to a whole different level. The reality TV crap helped to bring tattoos to the main stream and be more "acceptable." But really is that what the world of tattooing wanted? I think if tattooing was meant to be in the main stream and acceptable it would have been a long time ago.

Lyle Tuttle says it best " Tattoos arent meant for everybody and they're too goddamn good for some people." I believe in that statement very much. Being a Tattooer myself, I dont do this for the money or to be famous. I do it for the love of the art. A lot of the TV personalities want to get rich and famous, There are a few that do it because of the art. Tim Hendricks, Megan Massacre, and Cory Miller are some of the few that I can name that do it because of the art not for the money. Kat Von D does very good work, but i think now shes in it for the celebrity and money. Otherwise why would she be writing so many books, having a clothing line, doing a make up line etc. Dont get me wrong I am a fan of her but thats just my observation.

So to some up my rambling I think that Ed Hardy, Sailor Jerry, Lyle Tuttle, Bert Grimm, Crazy Eddie, Gil Montie, Mike Malone, and Stoney Sinclair all had more influence than the Reality TV shows.

Um, dude, we agree with you for the most part, but Tim Hendricks is respected around here. Also, LET THIS THREAD DIE! Started by a troll, so let it die

Um, dude, we agree with you for the most part, but Tim Hendricks is respected around here. Also, LET THIS THREAD DIE! Started by a troll, so let it die

Im not talking bad about tim hendricks i respect him greatly. I was saying he was one that didnt tattoo just for money! And ill let it die i didnt realize the date it was posted until a while after i posted it. Soery for the ressurection!

Im not talking bad about tim hendricks i respect him greatly. I was saying he was one that didnt tattoo just for money! And ill let it die i didnt realize the date it was posted until a while after i posted it. Soery for the ressurection!

My bad I misunderstood you. let the death commence

Not paying much attention to "current trends" for several decades, I did notice all tragically hip wearing the sneakers, tee shirts, etc. everywhere with the Sailor Jerry inspired Ed Hardy work plastered on them a few years ago and thought maybe it was a son/nephew/relative cashing in.

When did Don Ed Hardy drop his first name?

Not paying much attention to "current trends" for several decades, I did notice all tragically hip wearing the sneakers, tee shirts, etc. everywhere with the Sailor Jerry inspired Ed Hardy work plastered on them a few years ago and thought maybe it was a son/nephew/relative cashing in.

When did Don Ed Hardy drop his first name?

Im not sure when he dropped the Don. But for the most part I think he always went by Ed rather than Don. I watched a Documentary on him and I always heard him be refered to as Ed

I am going to start a thread, who is more metal? Lemmy or Justin Beiber? I haven't read this thread so I don't know what was said, and have no issues with Ami, but the idea that this thread was even stared in and of itself was grounds for kicking out Bubbleberry.

Lets put this to bed with this timely shot of Lemmy