Love/Hate my cover up tattoo Anxiety

San

Ii recently started my cover up process of an old and ugly half ass tattoo. I did research my artist love him. But I'm not in love with my cover up tattoo. I have mixed emotions...it's Beautiful I don't deny that but the anxiety is messing with my sleep and work.  

Everyone I've showed it to loves it. Think it beautiful and covers the old tattoo well.

But the anxiety gets to me and I think Is this what I really want or do? Will I have to cover up a cover up? The anxiety is no joke I get emotional and then stomach gets nervous and then I feel sick. I'm at a cross road on this one I have other tattoos and I never felt like this before...any advice 

6B14E6E2-059D-490F-BDD7-ECCEAAD1AD9A.jpeg

Edited by San
Needed a pic

2 hours ago, San said:

Ii recently started my cover up process of an old and ugly half ass tattoo. I did research my artist love him. But I'm not in love with my cover up tattoo. I have mixed emotions...it's Beautiful I don't deny that but the anxiety is messing with my sleep and work.  

Everyone I've showed it to loves it. Think it beautiful and covers the old tattoo well.

But the anxiety gets to me and I think Is this what I really want or do? Will I have to cover up a cover up? The anxiety is no joke I get emotional and then stomach gets nervous and then I feel sick. I'm at a cross road on this one I have other tattoos and I never felt like this before...any advice 

Please don't get anymore tattoos. People with your level of anxiety should never get tattooed.

Covering up a cover up is going to make it worse because you're never going to stop obsessing. Just live with it for a while. You have to.

Have some of this and calm down!

jack_daniels_original_recipe_tennessee_honey__16206.1590943290.jpg

Seriously though, your tattoo is a disaster waiting to happen. The more you monkey with it, the worse it will look. If everyone else thinks it looks great, just accept it an move on. You are FAR more likely to make it worse, than make it better.

Edited by Hogrider

4 hours ago, oboogie said:

Please don't get anymore tattoos. People with your level of anxiety should never get tattooed.

Covering up a cover up is going to make it worse because you're never going to stop obsessing. Just live with it for a while. You have to.

I agree that covering it up again will probably make it worse, especially if he jumps the gun too early. Like Hogrider said, if other people say they like it he should try to accept it and move on. I don't think, however, that he should never get tattooed again. He said that he's had tattoos before and this is the first time he's felt this bad about one.  Besides, he hasn't really shared a whole lot with us. So if he's looking for advice, I'm not sure we can offer anything of substance. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Queen Rocks

7 hours ago, Queen Rocks said:

It probably isn't as bad as you think. What is it that really bothers you? It'd be easier for us if you shared a picture. 

Shared a pic....take a look and tell me what you think 

3 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Looks good. Leave it alone!!! A dark tattoo on dark skin, you’re going to wind up with a big unreadable mess if you keep screwing with it.

I agree. It looks sweet. My bet is you'll probably grow to like it. At least give yourself that chance!!

21 hours ago, Queen Rocks said:

I agree that covering it up again will probably make it worse, especially if he jumps the gun too early. Like Hogrider said, if other people say they like it he should try to accept it and move on. I don't think, however, that he should never get tattooed again. He said that he's had tattoos before and this is the first time he's felt this bad about one.  Besides, he hasn't really shared a whole lot with us. So if he's looking for advice, I'm not sure we can offer anything of substance. 🤷‍♂️

Worrying until you are sick at your stomach and thinking about covering up an unfinished cover-up is not normal or healthy,. That level of anxiety is very worrying, and it suggests to me there is an issue. This person says they have other tattoos, but it might be one tiny one somewhere. It doesn't mean they are equipped to handle an enormous tattoo on their arm. Any attempt to cover that up again will drive this person around the twist because it will not look better.

So thanks for sharing your thoughts, but I stand by my comment.

2 hours ago, oboogie said:

Worrying until you are sick at your stomach and thinking about covering up an unfinished cover-up is not normal or healthy,. That level of anxiety is very worrying, and it suggests to me there is an issue. This person says they have other tattoos, but it might be one tiny one somewhere. It doesn't mean they are equipped to handle an enormous tattoo on their arm. Any attempt to cover that up again will drive this person around the twist because it will not look better.

So thanks for sharing your thoughts, but I stand by my comment.

No worries. Just thought it worth bringing up. Glad we could have a healthy conversation.