What kind of style are these tattoos?

Matty Stevens

I am looking to get my first tattoo. A big colorful chrysanthemum on my shoulder.

Looking through tons of tattoos I don't feel really drawn to almost any of them except a handful. Here are two of the ones I like and I'm trying to understand what kind of style they are so I can find an artist who can do what I'm wanting. I know that traditional style is too vivid for me and contrasts too starkly with the skin for my tastes. I'd appreciate any of your help!

f3fa4c5c72cfdba48cc858da1878241d.jpgchrysathemum-thigh-tattoo.jpg

If I had to try and categorize those I'd say they are both versions of no outline neo-realism. Having said that, the description would probably only mean something to someone who actually does that style. 

If you are new to tattoos I might suggest spending some time searching for old threads here that cover the topic of no outline tattoos. There is a lot of "for" and "against" on the matter, but it would be good for you to be educated about the possibilities. 

10 hours ago, meirsteinmetz@gmail.com said:

I am looking to get my first tattoo. A big colorful chrysanthemum on my shoulder.

Looking through tons of tattoos I don't feel really drawn to almost any of them except a handful. Here are two of the ones I like and I'm trying to understand what kind of style they are so I can find an artist who can do what I'm wanting. I know that traditional style is too vivid for me and contrasts too starkly with the skin for my tastes. I'd appreciate any of your help!

hi , and welcome,

but are you sure you want the world to see your personal email ?