Tattoo age on VBS

Great!

I realised why I wouldnt want to get tattooed by Grime. Its too personal. And also sad, angry, edgy and kinda lonely tattooing. Like there is that edge I dont want to portray in the tattoos I get. Its his catharsis. Mine is done and then I get tattooed. Not during.

And because of that, he one day cant be touched. Amazing artist.

Great!

I realised why I wouldnt want to get tattooed by Grime. Its too personal. And also sad, angry, edgy and kinda lonely tattooing. Like there is that edge I dont want to portray in the tattoos I get. Its his catharsis. Mine is done and then I get tattooed. Not during.

And because of that, he one day cant be touched. Amazing artist.

Um...I've been tattooed by Grime. It was anything but sad, angry, edgy or lonely. It was fun, a great experience, and filled with laughter and stories (even though it was a small piece that took very little time).

Um...I've been tattooed by Grime. It was anything but sad, angry, edgy or lonely. It was fun, a great experience, and filled with laughter and stories (even though it was a small piece that took very little time).

I meant how the tattoos look like. That is the feeling I get. Grime seems happy and seems to be always joking in the videos. But the tattoos, to me atleast, has that strong sorrowful side to them.

Chris O'Donnell isn't featured beyond the interviews in the Grime episodes I believe.

Here's the schedule for what's to come (taken from Shawn's blog)

Troy Denning – New York City | Air Dates – Trailer: August 31 | Pt. 1: September 7 | Pt. 2: September 14 | Pt. 3: September 21 Troy Denning is the owner of one of New York’s premier tattoo parlors, Invisible NYC, as well as the owner of one of the most unique styles. Troy seeks to go beyond the work of other Japanese style tattooers, and searches for influence in the original Ukiyo-E masters. He has worked a variety jobs from mineworker to strip club security guard, all of which have added to his special outlook on life. He is a self-proclaimed karaoke master, and a fixture of New York’s Lower East Side.

Mike Rubendall – New York City | Air Dates – Trailer: September 28 | Pt. 1: October 5 | Pt. 2: October 12 | Pt. 3: October 19 Mike Rubendall comes from the colorful world of old school tattooing in New York City, learning the tricks of the trade from the infamous Frank Romano at a biker shop on Long Island. Mike has come a long way from mopping the floors of his teacher’s tattoo parlor, and now owns his own shop, King’s Avenue Tattoo, in New York City. Mike is full to the brim with tales of his varied experiences as a tattooer, from working on Damon Dash in the Hampton’s to watching his co-workers piss into a woman’s purse

at a local bar.

Freddy Corbin – Oakland | Air Dates – Trailer: October26 | Pt. 1: November 2 | Pt. 2: November 9 | Pt. 3: November 16 Once the young turk of the Bay Area working with tattoo luminaries Ed Hardy and Dan Higgs in the early 90′s at Tattoo City, Freddy Corbin is now an elder statesman of the tattoo scene. Freddy proclaims that he is a spiritual man, whose shop looks like a cross between the Sistine Chapel and an old bar. He has battled addiction and dealt with loss but always maintains a positive outlook on life. Two years ago, he tattooed villagers for free in India on the banks of the Ganges River as a spiritual offering before the birth of his son.

The troy denning teaser trailer is out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMPkxXHncA

Troy Denning - Teaser - Tattoo Age | VBS.TV

so great! i love how cheeky he is, i can already see all the hipsters denouncing their hipsterness or just hating him for that clip, i love that guy! i'm really enjoying the fact that so far every tattooer's approach to work/life has been so different from the others.

I wouldn't want to be getting tattooed by him,and then halfway into it,he get's up and disappear's for a while..I think that's unprofessional;especially considering your paying a lot of money to be tattooed by him.He was an easy watch though..I like his take on all the hipster's in Williamsburg,and the design he came up with.

These keep getting better and better. I also really appreciate that each of these has provided a well-rounded kind of portrait of each tattooer and it kind of hit me that every aspect of your personality comes out in your tattoos. I don't know why this has never struck me before.. but I really love seeing how everything fits together.

I wish this project never ended.