Tattoo age on VBS

I got a small tattoo from Mario Desa when he was at Smith St recently - for what it's worth I absolutely don't look like any sort of person who should be getting tattooed in Brooklyn, but I felt relatively at ease there. Also the dog at that shop is the best dog. Check out this thread: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/2057-smith-street-tattoo.html

Just for clarification's sake, I didn't mean "Brooklyn" in terms of any attitude there. From my very limited experience of the shop, both from me getting tattooed and seeing other people getting tattooed there, some of which were "normal", ie not collector-type, people, they are friendly, professional, and make everybody feel welcome there. I meant "Brooklyn" more in the sense that things are very carefully and deliberately put together a way that you often see in Brooklyn.

Just for clarification's sake, I didn't mean "Brooklyn" in terms of any attitude there. From my very limited experience of the shop, both from me getting tattooed and seeing other people getting tattooed there, some of which were "normal", ie not collector-type, people, they are friendly, professional, and make everybody feel welcome there. I meant "Brooklyn" more in the sense that things are very carefully and deliberately put together a way that you often see in Brooklyn.

Right, "Brooklyn" in the sense that they have a hand-painted Nigerian film poster for Escape from New York and flash referencing Bataille! When I dragged my son and wife there, my wife commented that it was the most fashionable store we went into in NY. It's a really fun, well-designed, and professional shop. @Graeme I was so surprised when I saw that acephale flash and so stoked to see you comment on it!

A grad school buddy had gotten the same image tattooed on him in Rochester, NY. It's a great image.

CABS you get any work at Smith yet? was wondering about the experience - I was thinking I would just want to make an appt and then pick some flash when I get there - anyway - feedback if you've been...

u

I think Dan would be my choice - in that video it seems like his style and flash creations / ideas are what I'm into

Yessir I took a red eye flight from SFO 2 JFK and got my 3rd and 4th tattoo there. So much great flash. I could stare at it for days. The pinup flash in the bathroom is my personal favorite. Krak did my tattoo in 45 minutes. I didn't know what I wanted at the time and figured it out when I got there. When Eli tattooed me we talked about Wu Tang Clan samples. It was great. I didn't know what I wanted from Eli neither. Picked it out on the spot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 11:56 AM, Hands On said:

i've already watched it thrice. it's going to be a great summer!

anyone know if all the eps will be on the website or youtube? i kept my cable upgraded with viceland partially because of this! i might keep it for King of the Road tho. ☺️

The episodes are on Viceland TV website the day after they air.  Horitomo's and Taki's episode were basically as calm and reserved as they are in the shop, in my opinion at least.

Edited by Oiocha