Tattoo age on VBS

I feel like the translations were a little lazy and that more was definitely said than subtitled. Anyone who speaks Japanese want to confirm or deny?

I disagree on both counts. I really loved this one, and having worked as a translator for 3+ years, I can tell you that direct, word-for-word translations rarely if ever work well.

I'm with Hogg, the translations weren't exact but they didn't leave anything out. Japanese is a funny language, either very short or very long sentences.... just matters how proper your trying to be.

My Japanese is terrible, but I studied it for a year and try to practice it now and then. For me, it was cool to hear the Osaka dialect and intonation. I gotta go back and spend some time there.

My Japanese is terrible, but I studied it for a year and try to practice it now and then. For me, it was cool to hear the Osaka dialect and intonation. I gotta go back and spend some time there.

Unless you are in constant contact with someone speaking with the Osaka dialect I imagine it would be very hard to remember it.... it's almost like an entirely different language.

Unless you are in constant contact with someone speaking with the Osaka dialect I imagine it would be very hard to remember it.... it's almost like an entirely different language.

My homie Yosuke who is teaching me Japanese is originally from Osaka so I've picked up bits and pieces of the intonation, it's almost musical compared to say Tokyo if I'm correct? Some of the slang as well ;) haha

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that episode was soooooo good. Made me really homesick for my second home haha

@everybody thanks' date=' I feel like a dick now. Haha, well cool. I'm glad i missed nothing![/quote']

Language doesn't ever really translate word for word no matter the language. I learned that living with some German doctors. As they taught me I came across a lot of words that can sum up sentences.