Tattoo age on VBS

If anyone is curious what a Devita stencil tattooed by Scott Harrison looks like this is the one I got from him last week. It is two Devita stencils laid over one another then made into flash by Scott. I know that it is not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Bad photos and sideways, but it was the best I could put together right now. Sorry.

i'm debating buying a bus ticket and going down to the city for this

just do it, man.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is curious what a Devita stencil tattooed by Scott Harrison looks like this is the one I got from him last week. It is two Devita stencils laid over one another then made into flash by Scott. I know that it is not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Bad photos and sideways, but it was the best I could put together right now. Sorry.

i'm very jealous of this! such a cool tattoo

this should probably be in the upcoming tattoo thread, but i booked an appointment with dan santoro on the 12th at 12 pm and then plan to hit up the art show either that day or on sunday. when are some of you folks planning on going?

If I fly out, I wanted to get a deVita piece by Scott Harrison. If I can't get Scott to do it, then any of the other Kings Ave dudes will be fine too. Still trying to work out the logistics. It would be a great birthday gift to myself.

I've really enjoyed Tattoo Age. I'm no tattooer, just an enthusiastic collector, but the mindset and work ethic of the people featured was really inspiring to me in my own non tattooer pursuits. On the Thom DeVita episodes, he seems like a really cool guy, and I was amazed at how well the tattoos on his own skin have held up. Considering he's 80, everything looked pretty readable and solid, and his back piece is still really vibrant.

I loved the DeVita episode's, but there's one thing in Thom Devit's story that's always left out, and that would be Tux Farrer. Why does he always go so unnoticed/unmentioned? There were parts when Nick Bubash/Thom mentioned "Tux" but they never went into detail as to who he was or what he did. Especially considering that he's tied, directly, to both Dan Higgs and Thom DeVita, who are both considered very "big name" types in this niche of the tattoo community. Does anybody know anything about him? All that I could gather was that he had a shop in Baltimore in the eighties near a Greyhound station, learned under Thom Devita, broke in Dan Higgs, and tattooed a young Scott Weinrich (also known as Wino from the Obsessed, Saint Vitus, Spirit Caravan and just generally the coolest guy ever). I wish I could find out more about him!

I loved the DeVita episode's, but there's one thing in Thom Devit's story that's always left out, and that would be Tux Farrer. Why does he always go so unnoticed/unmentioned? There were parts when Nick Bubash/Thom mentioned "Tux" but they never went into detail as to who he was or what he did. Especially considering that he's tied, directly, to both Dan Higgs and Thom DeVita, who are both considered very "big name" types in this niche of the tattoo community. Does anybody know anything about him? All that I could gather was that he had a shop in Baltimore in the eighties near a Greyhound station, learned under Thom Devita, broke in Dan Higgs, and tattooed a young Scott Weinrich (also known as Wino from the Obsessed, Saint Vitus, Spirit Caravan and just generally the coolest guy ever). I wish I could find out more about him!

I think that Irezumi is the one to answer this question. I am pretty sure that he was tattooed by Tux, and I think that somewhere in one of the threads Tux is talked about a little bit.

Yes...more info...and Yes Wino RULES.

not part of the tattoo age series, but still done by vice..pretty awesome video about horiyoshi III(turn subtitles on at the bottom):

Best video so far! I wish they would do a full length Tattoo Age on Horiyoshi! I'm also hoping for a Henning Jorgensen, Filip Leu or Jeff Gogue ones!