Scarring or paranoia?

Stacey V.

Hi ink lovers! Newbie to LST needing your insights. I have several pieces, all healed beautifully with no issues, my latest piece though (2 + weeks into healing) is doing my head in🤯 This Jezebel has a will of her own! Across her face, I'm not sure if it's over moisturized, scarring or paranoia. I know it's early days, touch ups are a thing and I'll only know for sure once it's fully healed, but would be great of you could share if you've had a similar experience. I'm reeeeeeeeally not looking forward to inking over scar tissue😫Screenshot_20200807-171725_Instagram.thumb.jpg.8bb7bf0506dea21372377b59fce68dfe.jpg20200807_145524.thumb.jpg.8a4e75c88be4eb2cd886bffe8b07aa35.jpg 

20 minutes ago, SStu said:

If it's not red, sore or hot you're just going to have to be patient. 

You don't need any moisture, so if you think you might be overdoing it then just cut it out for a couple of days . . . 

Fortunately no sign of infection, only impatience haha. The same impatience that me rather opt to sit for 7 hrs to get the piece done instead of waiting to do it in stages. 

I'm team dry healing so don't really believe I've over moisturized, once a day max and that was only because it got really dry and tight. I'll cut it out though and see how it goes👍

I'm newbie to LST, over moisturized tats and scarring, not a newbie to tats in general or the internet. I've done research, with redundant results. The question itself seems reduntant, but the solution might not be. Tats aren't a "one size fits all", that is why we ask🙂

images (65).jpeg

4 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I do, actually. Thanks for asking. 🙄

You really know how to make everyone like you right off the bat, don't you? 🤣

I was excited to join this forum, excited for my new TAT and sad that it could be a little ruined in anyway, instead of actual insight (which I still don't really have btw), I get attitude. So yeah, I'm a real delight right now🙄

images (68).jpeg

The same questions are asked over and over and over again, and they have been answered over and over and over again. Your questions aren't new. They have been answered. If you don't find search helpful, welp, I guess this isn't the place for you.

I've been coming here for a number of years, and people are sarcastic and funny and helpful. But putting up sassy memes in every reply isn't really cute or particularly indicative of your want to be liked or assisted. But you do you, boo. Have fun with your little meme folder. Good luck.

But I'll tell you. That isn't scarring. That tattoo is healing.

I've had an infected tattoo due to an ink my body didn't agree with and rejected. It was badly scarred. It was tattooed over. It didn't hurt, it looks fine, and you can't see any scarring.

But again, that's not scarring. That's just plain old healing.

Now you know.

On 8/7/2020 at 8:20 AM, Stacey V said:

Hi ink lovers! Newbie to LST needing your insights. I have several pieces, all healed beautifully with no issues, my latest piece though (2 + weeks into healing) is doing my head in🤯 This Jezebel has a will of her own! Across her face, I'm not sure if it's over moisturized, scarring or paranoia. I know it's early days, touch ups are a thing and I'll only know for sure once it's fully healed, but would be great of you could share if you've had a similar experience. I'm reeeeeeeeally not looking forward to inking over scar tissue😫 

so, no insight when everyone has said to let it fully heal first ?

don't over moisturize it,

can't tell with scarring yet,

and yes, sounds to me like a little paranoia ,

take a breath, relax, and take a look at it in 6 weeks and see if it needs a touch up then.

and I agree with @oboogie  , it's a tattoo, not a tat. that annoys me too.