Sign in to follow this  
Bairn1876

1st Tattoo, can you start with 1 then progress to sleeve etc

Hi, I am booked in for my 1st tattoo at the start of September. I like my original idea and looking forward to seeing the artists design soon. I plan to get this tattoo on upper  left arm and had originally suggested from mid shoulder down to where bicep ends. The artist is fine with this but I am now wondering if i want to add more tattoos in the future, can the original be made as part of a half sleeve or would the artist want to know there is potential for a half sleeve so he could factor this in? I am undecided at the moment about a half sleeve but definitely want my original tattoo idea. The only present idea i have is getting another tattoo done on bicep then filling the rest of the arm in with shading, I dont want my arm filled up with stuff that doesn't mean anything to me.

Thanks for your help in assisting this newbie. 

The answer depends on many, many factors. The style, the image and the artist's ability all factor into the flexibility of what you'll have to work with in the future. 

Post a link to your artist's work. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• yep. 4-6 weeks before you really know what you've got.  post a link to the person who you're looking at for re-working it. 
    • I'd wait until it's healed so you actually know what it's going to look like before I start looking at having it "fixed." How exactly is the other artist going to "fix" it? I've seen more tattoos that look worse after they are fixed than better.
    • Hello everyone. So I got this rose tattoo two weeks ago. Still healing and I know I want to get it “fixed”. My issue with it is that while it looks like a rose you have to look hard to see it’s a rose. I have an appt. scheduled for April to have it worked on by a different artist (he did a pocket watch on my ribs last year that came out great). In meeting with him he said it lacks symmetry (which it does) among some other things, but he feels he can work on this. Looking for any advice. Is this fixable or is it a lost cause? If it’s not fixable then it is what it is, but Tully hoping for some input. Needless to say, I’ve been so bummed since I got because it didn’t come out how I would’ve liked. Thank you.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Topics

• Blog Entries