Tattooer forgot about me?

slayer9019

It came out far beyond what I had expected! While it was not for me to be there for 6 hours, I'm sure it was much worse for him, and I have great respect for his ability to stick it out till almost midnight.

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Ok, not wanting to be an ass, but what do you mean by "3 hours to draw it".

You arrived at the shop he spent three hours drawing either on your leg or on paper, then your total tattooing time was 3 hours?

Does this tattooist have a website?

It was 3 hours to start from scratch the design, build an original in pieces. Questions back and forth. Then applied the stencil to my leg, modify it on my leg with some time in between to dry, food, smoke ect.

I haven't found a website for him yet. I know I was only charged for under 2 hours for all the work. We were also talking about where we are going further since the design will be going up my leg further (about ankle to my waist)

It was 3 hours to start from scratch the design, build an original in pieces. Questions back and forth. Then applied the stencil to my leg, modify it on my leg with some time in between to dry, food, smoke ect.

I haven't found a website for him yet. I know I was only charged for under 2 hours for all the work. We were also talking about where we are going further since the design will be going up my leg further (about ankle to my waist)

That sounds much better than the original statement, it made it sound like you paid for six hours worth of work and that's what you left with. So when do you go back for second sitting? Does he think he can make a bit more progress on the next sitting now that its all arranged and outlined?

That sounds much better than the original statement, it made it sound like you paid for six hours worth of work and that's what you left with. So when do you go back for second sitting? Does he think he can make a bit more progress on the next sitting now that its all arranged and outlined?

Yea from here on out it will be a much faster process. I'm getting the shading done on the current outlining (next session is August 27th :( ). I'm waiting for this to get done so I can see how I am going to continue up/around my leg, since until it's finished I don't know what else would look right with it.

Being honest, it still sounds like a drag... Six hours for two hours of tattooing sounds pretty shoddy, and all the previous posts about artists preparing the night before were obviously not applicable.

I find it hard to see why he would need four hours to prep this piece, especially if he is experienced?

I would urge a huge lump of caution prior to letting this guy tattoo your whole leg, why not post some photos of his work and get the opinion from some of the artists here before you go any further.

Being honest, it still sounds like a drag... Six hours for two hours of tattooing sounds pretty shoddy, and all the previous posts about artists preparing the night before were obviously not applicable.

I find it hard to see why he would need four hours to prep this piece, especially if he is experienced?

I would urge a huge lump of caution prior to letting this guy tattoo your whole leg, why not post some photos of his work and get the opinion from some of the artists here before you go any further.

New York Tattoo Parlor | Rising Dragon, One of The Best Tattoo Shops in NYC

^^ Found a gallery ^^

While it was a bit of a drag to sit at the shop for the majority of the day I still am happy so far with the outcome. I have already left a lot of shops to this one because of their lack of enthusiasm. Their shop is really busy (NYC in summertime) so I can see why it took some time, plus he seemed like he was making sure it was exactly perfect since he was extremely interested in what I wanted. I am going to stop by Last Rites to see Toxyc in the next week or so to get started on another piece (who the hell knows how long that will take). (A side note, is it taboo to have too different people/shops working on you at once?)

Please remember I am a bit naive to the world of tattoo outside of enjoying the art from afar for a long time. The process behind it is still much of a mystery to me.

Which tattooer is working on you from this shop? I took a quick look at portfolios and seems as though there are at least a few people there that can put on a clean tattoo.

I think it depends on what you want out of your tattoo experience whether you should have two people working on you at the same time. If you want to have a comprehensive sleeve that flows together and has a consistent look you might have only have one tattooer work on one limb but feel free to get tattooed by as many people as you want. Personally I get tattooed by as many people as I can all the people who work on me have no problem with it because they like to get tattooed as well. But I really am not going for a sleeve look I just want to have fun and get tattooed.

Which tattooer is working on you from this shop? I took a quick look at portfolios and seems as though there are at least a few people there that can put on a clean tattoo.

I think it depends on what you want out of your tattoo experience whether you should have two people working on you at the same time. If you want to have a comprehensive sleeve that flows together and has a consistent look you might have only have one tattooer work on one limb but feel free to get tattooed by as many people as you want. Personally I get tattooed by as many people as I can all the people who work on me have no problem with it because they like to get tattooed as well. But I really am not going for a sleeve look I just want to have fun and get tattooed.

It would be the other leg. I was going to stick with this guy (Palino) for the current leg. My arms will have to wait till I feel comfortable with wearing long sleeve shirts for the rest of my professional life. :(

I think the first sitting sounds a little rough but it sounds like you feel comfortable with this guy and trust his vision to finish this piece so that's good. Looking at his portfolio his style is a little different than someone I would get tattooed by but most of his stuff looks clean. If the rest of this piece goes smoothly and you are happy with it then go ahead with the rest of your leg. If your future appointments continue to be like your first I might look elsewhere to finish up your leg, but honestly sounds like his guy is just busy and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't take that statement serious about being one of the best tattoo shops in NYC.I think years ago they had a better line up of artists.I wouldn't have wen't with that artists for an illustrative leg sleeve.It looks like in his portfolio he does a lot of one sitting tattoos.I would have wen't with Simone,or Darren.I think Toxyc is a much better tattooer than this guy.Your probably going to pay a lot more at Dark Images.What were you thinking of getting from him?

Granted he is kinda busy (new york city) but seriously? I do not know what to expect since I am scheduled late in the day (6pm) and am getting a bit nervous. I have been waiting a month and have 1500 waiting. I have come to the decision if I show up and he is completely unprepared I will flip a shit and ask for my deposit back. For a large custom piece at 200 an hour I feel at least a little bit entitled to some respect. I can take my business elsewhere. I know and respect a lot of artists out there but if you do not respect me enough to remember ANYTHING, I am not letting you near me. I would rather pay 500 an hour for a honest professional than 5 an hour for a half respecting artist. I am already asking Toxyc at Last Rites to do my next piece and I might bail on my current artist. I would say this current artist is good but not "gifted" in the craft.

Didn't realize you were paying 200hr.for this guy.I wouldn't mind paying top dollar for an artist,but his work should be comparable to the price your paying.I don't think it is in this case.What other shops did you check out?

I wouldn't take that statement serious about being one of the best tattoo shops in NYC.I think years ago they had a better line up of artists.I wouldn't have wen't with that artists for an illustrative leg sleeve.It looks like in his portfolio he does a lot of one sitting tattoos.I would have wen't with Simone,or Darren.I think Toxyc is a much better tattooer than this guy.Your probably going to pay a lot more at Dark Images.What were you thinking of getting from him?

I always laugh when I see "best at ..." or anything related. At the shop he does have a bit more larger pieces than what is online (i think there are better in his physical portfolio than what is online). I checked out a few shops, but being as new to the subject as I am, I apparently went to all the "wrong" shops. Google was my friend and turned up a lot of garbage (places I walked in, then simple walked out). Only more recently have I found a few shops that are definitely in my lineup to go check out and most probably get more work done at. (To name a few Invisible NYC, Last Rites). The only problem I am finding with my current artist is lack of availability due to the shop being high volume. My roommate told me about his tattoo being done in an appointment only shop and said the experience was much smoother as there were less people milling around, and it was a more one-on-one situation (he is signed up currently to get a tattoo at NYC Invisible).

As for what I want to get from Toxyc is a bit hard to describe in words, but very much along his style. I heard somewhere he is around 300ish an hour, correct me if I am wrong.

I always laugh when I see "best at ..." or anything related. At the shop he does have a bit more larger pieces than what is online (i think there are better in his physical portfolio than what is online). I checked out a few shops, but being as new to the subject as I am, I apparently went to all the "wrong" shops. Google was my friend and turned up a lot of garbage (places I walked in, then simple walked out). Only more recently have I found a few shops that are definitely in my lineup to go check out and most probably get more work done at. (To name a few Invisible NYC, Last Rites). The only problem I am finding with my current artist is lack of availability due to the shop being high volume. My roommate told me about his tattoo being done in an appointment only shop and said the experience was much smoother as there were less people milling around, and it was a more one-on-one situation (he is signed up currently to get a tattoo at NYC Invisible).

As for what I want to get from Toxyc is a bit hard to describe in words, but very much along his style. I heard somewhere he is around 300ish an hour, correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah,invisible has excellent tattooers.But the artists mostly do asian style work.I didn't know Toxyc was 300hr.Some more artists to check out for b & g work.

TATTOOS AND ILLUSTRATIONS by NEEDLES | Just another WordPress weblog Tribulation Tattoo - Liorcifer, Dan Marshall, Tim Kern Caesar Tattoo :: lalo tattoos, new york, colombia 8 of Swords Tattoo Studio - Williamsburg, Brooklyn John Sweeney@ www.hardknoxtattoo.com this shop is in Yonkers.But john is very talented,And i'm sure his rate is more reasonable. Mike@ THICKER THAN WATER tattoo he doesn't do the same style as Toxyc,but he's a really talented tattooer.

Thicker than Water is also a really great studio, I'm pretty sure that's in NYC. Sorry, in a bit of a hurry but you can Google it for a link :) Saved, New York Adorned, Smith St., Thicker than Water and King's Avenue are the five I would recommend looking at. There are some other great studios in NYC, but those are the top five in my opinion. :)

Yeah hindsight is always 20/20. The guy is not the best tattooer but certainly not the worst, but I doubt you will find many people at these shops suggested who want to take on a huge almost outlined leg tattoo and the tattooer who does may not be any better and then what. But I would have to agree there are plenty of good tattooers in New York and if you have some money to spend I would try to seek some of them out in the future.

Yeah hindsight is always 20/20. The guy is not the best tattooer but certainly not the worst, but I doubt you will find many people at these shops suggested who want to take on a huge almost outlined leg tattoo and the tattooer who does may not be any better and then what. But I would have to agree there are plenty of good tattooers in New York and if you have some money to spend I would try to seek some of them out in the future.

While I am going to seek out other artists for the rest of the open space I would not trade off my current outline to someone else. I think he is doing a pretty good job right on it now.

While I am going to seek out other artists for the rest of the open space I would not trade off my current outline to someone else. I think he is doing a pretty good job right on it now.

Then that's all that matters. No need to defend yourself on the internet to people you've never met and probably never will....