JessClark93

Hello 😊

Recommended Posts

Names Jess 😂 kinda obvious, I live in Italy, and I’m 27 years old. I came here in hopes of finding out if my coverup is bruised or has blow out. So hoping you guys can help me out with that. 🤔 Not sure if I’m supposed include that in my intro but I’ll drop some photos below. I had the tattoo done on 9 August it was an 8 hour long session, and my arm ended up swelling up pretty good and what looks like a bruise. My arm is back to normal size, thankfully, but it’s still bruised. 
To add: I’m super prone to bruising easily.

I was about 90% sure it was just bruising until I saw photos of blowout and some of the forums in this group.  I didn’t bruise on my first tattoo (the one that was covered up) or the mountain one on the back of my leg. 
Just wondering if any of you all have had a tattoo and the bruising took a month or more to heal.

I’ll photos of the part of the tattoo in question, as well as the part that wasn’t a cover up, and my other tattoo 😁

The last 2 before the last are where it looks like bruising possible blowout toward the bottom by my elbow. It’s kinda hard to see in the photo. The last photo is to show y’all what was covered up!

616C8311-BEE8-4006-9ED4-0FD76B0FB4CC.jpeg

6A7F0AEE-6F48-4591-83CE-48418FE1B0FA.jpeg

665087A5-1674-4E46-9DF0-723CFF536AAE.jpeg

98C00CAF-ABDB-4F64-ACA4-728D4BF32005.jpeg

4B24BB49-D667-4193-8C1A-05E0F586D851.jpeg

B8CDAD25-1400-4895-B072-3145F7416EC2.jpeg

60D8F87A-9348-4BBE-986A-14A73EA97BB4.png

Edited by JessClark93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Samth said:

Definitely no expert, but that looks like bruising to me...and a very good tattoo.

Yesss I absolutely love it my tattoo artist is amazing and I’m so glad I trusted her to cover that old one up. 😂 I was pretty skeptical as to if she’d be able to do it.

I just have that slight worry in the back of my head since I know she had to go over the inner arm quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My previous bruising evaporated after a couple of weeks, but that's not to say yours would necessarily do so. 4 weeks in and you may very well just need more healing time. any case and either way it looks quite good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got a blow out on my sleeve. I kinda knew as soon as I saw it that it was, mine definitely looks like a bruise but it’s under my arm so not very noticeable. Yours is super light (so is mine) so is even if it is permanent; you’ll probably be the only one to notice it. Certain parts of your arm are more sensitive than others. My arm swelled like a puffer fish on the inside; and bruised like a mofo. Nice tat though, I love horses. 

Edited by Hollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason I sounded confident that it is a blowout is that I have one on the inside of my left upper arm. It was covered up with "filler" when my artist finished my sleeve. He was so pissed that it blew out, but it is the only one I have in all the tattoo he's done for me (and that's 99% of my tattoos). It's not a big deal. As @Hollie said, almost no one will notice it except for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oboogie said:

I had bruising on my upper arm, too, come to think of it. It disappeared after a couple of weeks. Maybe yours will go away. Wait and see.

 

I hope so it has been a month though   Do you think this is something I should mention to her?

It is so unfortunate because her work is amazing 😩 I really hope it goes away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I kinda figured there’d be some risk seeing as she had so much to cover up, but was hoping I wouldn’t have an issue.

Certainly not too noticeable even if it doesn’t go away 😂 a lot better than my watercolor floating head horse, and the important bits are on the outside of my arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hollie said:

I’ve got a blow out on my sleeve. I kinda knew as soon as I saw it that it was, mine definitely looks like a bruise but it’s under my arm so not very noticeable. Yours is super light (so is mine) so is even if it is permanent; you’ll probably be the only one to notice it. Certain parts of your arm are more sensitive than others. My arm swelled like a puffer fish on the inside; and bruised like a mofo. Nice tat though, I love horses. 

😊 I train and break actually. When she was planning the design she saw photos of my horse on Instagram and made the design after her without me even mentioning it. 

C04B27D4-6CA3-41B9-9D18-2A53A7CD908B.jpeg

D58EFFA7-0AD6-4701-B52D-5959662AA531.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JessClark93 said:

😊 I train and break actually. When she was planning the design she saw photos of my horse on Instagram and made the design after her without me even mentioning it. 

C04B27D4-6CA3-41B9-9D18-2A53A7CD908B.jpeg

D58EFFA7-0AD6-4701-B52D-5959662AA531.jpeg

That’s cool, I broke in a horse when I was a lot younger. A stallion. That was a lot of fun 🙄😉.  
I never bothered mentioning the blow out to my artist. I’m still yet to go back and add a couple more things to it, so no doubt he’ll see it then. It’s kind of one of those things that happens, If they go too deep.. can just be a case of not adjusting the needles correctly for the type of skin it is.. my artist has been tattooing over 20 years so it’s not like he’s not experienced, it happens sometimes. I’m just grateful it’s not super noticeable 🤷🏻‍♀️
 
Here’s a pic of mine (you can’t see the blow out in the pic... but for reference it’s on the leaf that’s coming from the purple flower and it kinda wraps around my arm)  

B77D1FEE-DBE0-4816-BF78-A93DE14DEE34.jpeg

Edited by Hollie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hollie said:

That’s cool, I broke in a horse when I was a lot younger. A stallion. That was a lot of fun 🙄😉.  
I never bothered mentioning the blow out to my artist. I’m still yet to go back and add a couple more things to it, so no doubt he’ll see it then. It’s kind of one of those things that happens, If they go too deep.. can just be a case of not adjusting the needles correctly for the type of skin it is.. my artist has been tattooing over 20 years so it’s not like he’s not experienced, it happens sometimes. I’m just grateful it’s not super noticeable 🤷🏻‍♀️
 
Here’s a pic of mine (you can’t see the blow out in the pic... but for reference it’s on the leaf that’s coming from the purple flower and it kinda wraps around my arm)  

B77D1FEE-DBE0-4816-BF78-A93DE14DEE34.jpeg

Yeah it stinks but your work is also very nice. I’m just glad the outer part of my arm is good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.