Hello... what did I do wrong?

BluDivinity07

Good afternoon! I got a tattoo about a month ago from a really good artist/tattoo artist. This is the 2nd time I've received one from him. Its gorgeous... but as it healed, ita scabbed a little bit, but now where some of the scabs were, my hair follicles look like black dots. Will it go away? What did i do wrong? I've scabbed a bit before, and this never happened... before and now pics posted.

Please tell me i haven't f**ked it up! d83a3e150fea896700708e656ed8357d.jpg257ac0afc6fc64300953d5232e132374.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Must be these tired old eyes. What do you think you did to it? Looks like you're using too much lotion.

Tattoos take 4 - 6 weeks to heal, if it's not that old, then there is NOTHING you can do but wait.
I hadn't used any lotion since this morning. If you look around her hand on the tentacles, comparing the new to the old pic, the black dots are not a part of the tattoo, but something that occurred while healing. They appear to be around each hair follicle. 0fb64d07f3bbbf9bf3174d17a949d977.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, BluDivinity07 said:

Will do, thanks! But the black dots wouldn't concern you at all?

If they don't itch, hurt, ooze, smell then no, not at this point. If they are still there in a month or two I would go to my tattoo artist (don't call or email, go there in person) and ask them. If they don't give a satisfactory answer, go see a dermatologist. 

They just look like hair follicles to me. Your artist probably shaved your leg, yes? Could just be hair growing back and you're not used to seeing that, especially if you don't normally shave. Leg hair will always be visible over your tattoo, ink doesn't hide it. I'd wait a few more weeks then try exfoliating gently if ingrown hairs appear. Don't exfoliate unless your tattoo is completely healed. But I wouldn't be concerned about this one bit.