Guest Spot Experiences

Hi Everyone, 

I've been thinking about doing guest spots for a while.

How do they work?

What's the best experience you've had?

And the worst?

Do you have any advice for me, as someone who's never guest spotted before?

Thanks!

Monica

IG@syntheticfish

We haven't had any active tattooists on the forum for a few months, so you may not get a lot of input from the practical, delivery side of this question right now. 

I can help with the receiving side of visiting artists, but you've probably already gained insight on that, yourself! 😁

On 10/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, SStu said:

We haven't had any active tattooists on the forum for a few months, so you may not get a lot of input from the practical, delivery side of this question right now. 

I can help with the receiving side of visiting artists, but you've probably already gained insight on that, yourself! 😁

I'm interested in the story from both sides... I am getting acclimated to the forum, looks like not many people have been active for a while.

Yeah, a couple of years ago the forum was popping, with dozens of active members sharing ideas, experiences, opinions and pictures. Now we seem to be relegated to answering the same 4-5 questions for 1-visit noobs. Covid and the temporary closure of most shops hasn't helped - and even now we here (in New Orleans) can't just go and visit a shop. 

A fair number of my collection has come via visiting artists, both in New Orleans and Austin. Nate Kostechko, Henry Lewis, Nate Kemr, Robert Ryan and Samantha Storey have all contributed while on the road. I think the way the community supports the whole premise is fantastic. If you follow your favorite shops on Instagram you get good access to world class talent.  

• 3 months later...