Is my tattoo scab infected?

Laurenellen1209

Hii, 

I'm new here and I have a question 

I got my portrait of my Border Terrier, a week ago today, everything was fine, she's my 5th big tattoo. 

I have followed the same aftercare instruction on all 5, I wash leave to air dry then apply tattoo goo. 

I've noticed the background is scabbing a little more than I'm used too and I'm worried this is now infected. 

I'm going back to the Artist Friday for her to check things but I just wanted a bit of advice here first if possible. 

Picture attached. 

Thankyou 🙂

PXL_20201007_161925826.jpg

PXL_20201007_161910763.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

A tattoo is possibly infected if it's any of the following - hot, oozing, smells bad, painful, red, swollen. AND you can get hot and swollen with no infection. If you don't have one or more of these symptoms, I wouldn't worry about it. That tattoo doesn't look infected to me, but I'm NOT a doctor

I don't have any of the symptoms listed, I feel absolutely fine, no temp or anything, it's still slightly tender when I wash it but I wasn't sure if this was due to how thick the scab is, I don't normally scab this thick it's only light so I think that's where the worry came from, thankyou 🙂

13 minutes ago, Laurenellen1209 said:

I don't have any of the symptoms listed, I feel absolutely fine, no temp or anything, it's still slightly tender when I wash it but I wasn't sure if this was due to how thick the scab is, I don't normally scab this thick it's only light so I think that's where the worry came from, thankyou 🙂

No problem.

After 200+ hours of getting tattoos I got my first "big" scab, about 1/2 the size of a dime. I usually don't scab at all. You never know.