Redness and Possible Blowout?? Help!

B Holmes

Y’all I’m at a loss of what to do. This tattoo is going on two weeks old and I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with it. I use antibacterial soap twice a day, let air dry for 15 minutes, then apply a very thin layer of aquaphor. I have much larger tattoos and this is the first one that might have an infection! I sent it to the woman who did my tattoo, who happens to be the owner of the shop and she said to wash it several times a day and to always keep it moisturized. She also noted to keep my leg propped up a lot but that’s not an option for me. Please help. I really don’t want to have to go to the doctor unless I have to, but I’m also not trying to have something on my body forever that looks like crap. 

40 minutes ago, Hogrider said:

Two weeks out, that doesn't look good, but I'm not a doctor. If that gets any worse I'd go see a doctor. As for blowout, you need to let it heal 4 - 6 weeks before you really know.  That's on thin, delicate skin which is most prone to blow out. 

Thank you for the reply. I’m going to give it till mid week then make a doctors appointment just to make sure. Just wanted to get some other opinions