Need Advice / Opinions : Regretting a Cover up

sempa78

Hello All. Im going through massive regret and anxiety from a recent cover up that turned out really dark, its almost a blackout. Its totally not what i iexpected. I'm thinking white over black ink could be a soloution to save this and have it looking good ? i've seen some really good results with white. I never wanted or imagined so much black, and did everything to avoid it, but the artist was not clear about his vision, and im  in shock at the moment. going through massive anxiety and depression. If any of you care to say what you think about it, i'd appreciate it

full arm2.jpg

BO1.jpg

15 minutes ago, SStu said:

definitely salvageable via someone who is proficient at white over black - but that criteria isn't all that common. Where are you located?

thanks, yeah thats what im thinking too. ive found a good artist in Goa who has done some pretty good stuff with white on black, gonna keep my hopes up on that for now...

Live with it before you do anything else. I've seen more people go from bad to worse to worser because they are in a big hurry to "fix" something. Take your time, plan it out, make sure you discuss what YOU think went wrong with your next artist, find out EXACTLY how they intend to fix it, get recommendations.

First rule of coverups - don't make it worse. Unfortunately lots of people break this rule.

I was getting a tattoo once and this woman came in with a coverup of a coverup of a coverup. When she left my artist said, "That looks like Arnold Schwarzenager climbing out of a tar pit." It was AWFUL. He did an amazing job on his coverup. You couldn't even tell it was a coverup.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with all prior posts! i think it looks fine, you should settle your anxiety and depression and learn to live with it for a bit, and plan your next move(s).

when i saw the title of this thread, i really just wanted to add "no regerts". 😬

you're learning the lesson you were meant to learn at this moment, and you will grow from it. you survived!!!