Just wanted to ask a general question but got sent to this initiation page?

ednrelfh

These online forums are so stupid and I can't find a single place to simply ask a question without having to jump through all these hurdles or get "karma" like on reddit so I'll just ask this question here and hopefully someone can answer it. I have about 10 tattoos but I'm getting a full arm sleeve designed for the first time. I did some research on local parlors and found an artist that specializes in realistic grayscale animals/plants and that sort of thing. We had a couple consultations where I showed him pictures and discussed ideas. He showed me some designs on the third consultation, but they weren't at all related to what I wanted. They were other various animals from his flash book. Then, after three weeks of not hearing from him, I sent a friendly message asking how the design was coming along and he said it was going well. A month and a half after that, I haven't heard from him. Is this the normal artistic process for someone designing a sleeve or is he taking too long? Based on his Instagram, he's clearly busy with other work so I'm thinking he might just have me on the back burner. Should I go to another artist or hold out for him? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Most/many tattooists only work on the next idea the day before your appointment. 

Just like everybody else outside of tattooing, many are poor communicators and some are not all that competent. It'll be hard for us to evaluate the situation without more info, but the indication that his initial presentation doesn't include what y'all originally talked about isn't good. Do you have an actual appointment to get started? Can you post a link to his previous work?

Everyone has to start on the initiation page. It's nothing to do with karma. It prevents spammers, and this place gets a lot of spam.

Make an appointment. He will finalize your design if he knows he is going to get paid. If you don't have an appointment, you could just walk away, so why waste his time?

1 hour ago, oboogie said:

Everyone has to start on the initiation page. It's nothing to do with karma. It prevents spammers, and this place gets a lot of spam.

Make an appointment. He will finalize your design if he knows he is going to get paid. If you don't have an appointment, you could just walk away, so why waste his time?

+1

Why on earth would he start work without an appointment?